The summer transfer window is closed for the big leagues in Europe. But looking ahead to January, there are a lot of rumors circulating about who is moving where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest in rumours, rumours, comings, goings and of course deals done!
TOP STORY: USMNT’s Adams on Man Utd’s radar
Manchester United are keeping tabs on the Leeds United midfielder and United States international Tyler Adamsaccording to Football Insider.
They believe the Red Devils have monitored Adams since his RB Leipzig days and have subsequently been impressed by the way he has performed in the Premier League since joining from Germany.
The 23-year-old joined Elland Road in a £15million transfer Calvin Phillipsand Adams is regarded as one of the club’s better signings despite his poor recent form.
Adams, who has 19 USMNT caps, signed a five-year deal when he joined Elland Road, but the Old Trafford side remain keen to bolster their options in central midfield.
Last week’s 3-2 defeat by Fulham was the first game Adams has missed this season and his energy – and stats – have impressed. He tops the list for attacking-half interceptions and is fourth-highest for successful tackles.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, more (USA)
– Jew BellinghamThe list of admirers grows with every game and Sport believe Real Madrid, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United are all in contention for the 19-year-old’s signature. Impressing against Stuttgart in Borussia Dortmund’s recent 5-0 league win and again in the Champions League draw against Manchester City, the England star is proving he can consistently play against the best sides at the highest level. All of this means that it seems increasingly unlikely that he will see his existing contract, which expires in 2025.
– Brazilian outlet TNT Sports believe Real Madrid, Liverpool and Chelsea are all in a race to land Newcastle United Bruno Guimaraes. The 24-year-old has become a key player since joining from Lyon but Newcastle boss Eddie Howe wants to scare off potential admirers by trying to extend his existing contract until 2026. However, the report says these top teams all believe they can lure the attacking midfielder ahead of the 2023-24 season.
– Arsenal are looking to cement their position at the top of the Premier League by opting for several young talents, according to the Sun. Gunners boss Mikel Arteta is believed to have been promised £50m in winter transfers ahead of their push for the Premier League title. Arteta has relied on a core of 15 players so far this season and he’s hoping to add two of the three players to lighten his squad. One of them is said to be the 21-year-old Palmeiras playmaker Daniel, which could be available in January as the Brazilian season ends before the World Cup. Shakhtar Donetsk Mikhail Mudryk (21) and Villarreal star Yeremi Pino (20) can also be considered.
– AC Milan want to strengthen their attacking options and are considering it Armando Broja and Noah Okafor, after Calciomercato. Albania international striker Broja, 21, is valued at €35m by Chelsea but recently extended a contract until 2028. Swiss striker Okafor scored his first Champions League goal for FC Salzburg earlier this week when he scored a penalty against Dinamo Zagreb. His contract expires in 2024 and Leeds United are also keeping tabs on his progress.
– Manchester United have already been linked with the wanton Atletico Madrid winger Joao Felixbut Calciomercato journalist Rudy Galetti believes French giants Paris Saint-Germain are in the box seat to sign the Portuguese winger. The 22-year-old is said to be unhappy with coach Diego Simeone due to reduced playing time and could be tempted by a move in January. However, it seems like he might prefer PSG over United despite United having two compatriots Cristiano Ronaldo and Bruno Fernandes in their ranks.
– Chelsea are considering RB Leipzigs Josko Gvardiol, according to Transfermarkt. The 23-year-old was pivotal in the club’s recent unbeaten run, wiping out opposition attacks and helping his side break on the break with an impressive passing range. The Croatia international recently signed a contract extension in September but that may not be enough to deter the Blues’ advances as Manchester City are also interested.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4782239/transfer-talk-manchester-united-eye-leeds-usmnt-midfielder-tyler-adams Man United eye Leeds, USMNT star Tyler Adams