The summer transfer window is here and there’s a lot of gossip about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest in rumours, rumours, comings, goings and of course deals done!
TOP STORY: Man United approach Aubameyang, Vardy?
Manchester United have joined Chelsea in the race to sign the Barcelona striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyangsays The Sun, while they could also target Leicester City Jamie Vardy.
United are in need of a new striker after a terrible start to the Premier League season and Aubameyang is set to leave Camp Nou, having arrived on a free transfer from Arsenal in February.
Barca want around €25m for his services but both Chelsea and United are keen to sign the 33-year-old, who has scored 92 goals in 163 games for Arsenal.
Meanwhile, The Athletic claim United are looking to land Vardy. The 36-year-old helped Leicester win the Premier League title in 2015/16 but is still going strong, scoring 17 goals in 33 games last season despite his injuries.
Espanols Raul de Tomas, plus pair from Atletico Madrid Alvaro Morata and Matheus Cunha were also linked, with sources telling ESPN on Monday that Erik ten Hag’s shortlist of forward options includes the 23-year-old Brazilian.
– ESPN+ Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (USA)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Get instant access
11:00 CET: Manchester City have confirmed the signing Sergio Gomez by Anderlecht.
The 21-year-old has signed a four-year deal at Etihad Stadium and will remain in Pep Guardiola’s first-team squad this season. Sources have told ESPN that the deal with Anderlecht is worth 13 million euros plus surcharges.
“I’m incredibly proud and happy to have joined Manchester City,” said Gomez, who has represented Spain at Under-21 level. “City are the best team in England and in Pep Guardiola I have the opportunity to learn and develop under the greatest manager in world football.
“Being part of this club is a dream come true for me and something that any young player would aspire to. The number of trophies City have won in recent years has been incredible and the style of football the team plays under is pep is the most exciting in Europe. To play for and be guided by Pep and his coaches will be very special.”
10.21 CET: Leicester City defender Wesley Fofana is increasingly upset after learning the club are demanding a world record fee to let him go, according to Sky Sports.
The 21-year-old France international has agreed personal terms with Chelsea but Leicester’s request for more than £80m has left Fofana feeling the club is putting him off a move. Chelsea have so far made two bids of £60m and £65m, both of which have been rejected by Leicester.
Fofana has made 52 appearances for Leicester since joining from Saint-Etienne and was part of the FA Cup-winning squad last year.
09.47 CET: Paris Saint-Germain are ready to cede midfielders Leandro Parédes According to Sky Italy, Juventus will be on loan for a season.
Paredes, 28, is under contract with PSG until June 2024 but has made just 22 appearances in all competitions for the French champions and is keen to leave in search of regular playing time.
Paredes, a Juve target, is keen to move to Turin and has reportedly forged personal ties with the Italian giants. However, the two clubs have yet to agree on Paredes’ transfer as PSG want to include a €25m option that Juve could exercise to sign him permanently next summer.
The deal to bring Paredes to Turin is also subject to the Juventus midfielder Adrian Rabiot joins Manchester United this summer. United have reportedly agreed a fee of €20m, rising to €25m, to sign the France international.
09.28 CET: Inter Milan are expecting to reach an agreement with Chelsea on the transfer of the teenage midfielder Caesar Casadei in this week.
Sky Italy claim Chelsea have upped their offer to €12m but Inter are asking €15m plus €5m in surcharges.
Negotiations between the clubs are ongoing and Inter are reportedly optimistic that Chelsea will return with another offer by Thursday.
19-year-old Casadei was recently promoted to Inter’s first-team after impressing with the reserves, scoring 13 goals and providing four more in 29 league games last season. He represented Italy at youth level and is under contract with FC Nerazzurri until June 2024.
Inter are keen to let Casadei go so they can focus on finding a replacement for the defender Andrea Ranocchiawho left for Monza.
09.11 CET: Sevilla are negotiating with Bayern Munich over the signing of the French centre-back Tanguy Nianzouaccording to Diario de Seville.
Nianzou, 20, joined the German club as a free agent in the summer of 2020 after his contract with Paris Saint-Germain expired.
With Bayern signing the Dutch defender Matthijs de Ligt Nianzou, who joined from Juventus for €67m earlier in the summer, is expected to reduce his playing time.
Nianzou played 17 league games for Bayern last season, but only six as a regular. Sevilla are trying to strengthen their defensive line after losing the main defenders Jules Kounde and Diego Carlos this summer. Kounde joined Barcelona while Diego Carlos joined Premier League side Aston Villa.
08.36 CET: Villarreal left-back Pervis Estupinan is on the verge of joining Brighton permanently, according to El Periodico Mediterraneo.
Estupinan, 24, did not train with Villarreal on Monday and has traveled to England with the club’s permission to complete his move to the Premier League.
Brighton will reportedly pay €18m plus €5m in variables to sign the Ecuador international, who made 40 appearances in all competitions for Villarreal last season as he reached the Champions League semi-finals.
Villarreal signed Estupinan from Watford in the summer of 2020 for €16m on a seven-year deal.
08.00 CET: Chelsea are expected to make another offer for the Everton striker Anthony Gordonreports the Times.
Sources told ESPN’s James Olley on Monday that Chelsea have turned down an offer of £40m as Blues head coach Thomas Tuchel looks to bolster his squad with three new signings before the transfer window closes next month.
Gordon, who has also attracted interest from Tottenham and Newcastle, is seen as an exciting prospect who could fill one of the three attacking positions in Tuchel’s favored 3-4-2-1 formation.
Everton continue to insist the 21-year-old is unavailable for a transfer and The Times report that Chelsea are now preparing a new £45m bid for the 21-year-old
Julien Laurens and Nedum Onuoha discuss Thomas Tuchel’s offer for Anthony Gordon as Nedum doesn’t see how the Everton player fits into the Chelsea squad at the moment.
PAPER GOSSIP (by Adam Brown)
– Chelsea will pursue Frenkie deJong by the end of the summer transfer window, according to Sport. Thomas Tuchel has made the 25-year-old midfielder a key target and it is reported that the Blues are ready to match Barcelona’s €80m valuation to secure him. The Netherlands international has also been linked with Manchester United but there are hopes he will be persuaded to join Chelsea as they can offer Champions League football this season.
– Atletico Madrid are looking for an offer Cristiano Ronaldo following a departure from Manchester United Journalist Guillem Balague. The 37-year-old Portuguese star was linked with a move from Old Trafford this summer amid concerns over his hiring and had previously been linked with Atletico, bitter rivals of his former club Real Madrid. Earlier on Monday, sources told ESPN that United are adamant they would keep Ronaldo, despite growing concerns his desire for a move is becoming a negative influence in the dressing room. Therefore, Diego Simeone’s side are believed to be keeping the door open for a possible move.
– Bernhard SilvaManchester City’s transfer fee has been estimated at £100million, according to The Athletic. Barcelona remain interested in the 28-year-old attacking midfielder but it looks like there are some valuation differences between the two clubs. City would be willing to allow him to leave if the right suggestion from the Camp Nou hierarchy arrives.
– There has been a lot of speculation Matheus Nunes this summer, but it looks like he will now join Wolverhampton Wanderers, according to the record. Wolves have reportedly agreed a deal with Sporting CP worth €45m plus €5m in bonuses. The 23-year-old midfielder has also been on West Ham United’s radar and has also been linked with Liverpool and Manchester City in recent months.
– Napoli want to take over midfielders from Tottenham Hotspur Tanguy Ndombele, reports Gianluca Di Marzio. The 25-year-old midfielder has been identified as a replacement for Fabian Ruiz, and they are understood to have proposed a year-long loan deal that includes an option to make the move permanent for €30m. Ndombele contributed to six goals in 31 games last season.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4723426/live-transfer-talk-man-united-turn-to-pierre-emerick-aubameyangjamie-vardy Man United turn to Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Jamie Vardy?