Marilyn Manson abuse investigation ongoing, Los Angeles prosecutor says

An investigation into the abuse allegations against rock singer Marilyn Manson is still ongoing by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, Dist. atty George Gascón said Monday in a video update posted to social media.

The investigation “has not yet been submitted to our office,” Gascón said. “Rest assured that we request regular updates on the status of this investigation.

“Once we receive the case, it will be carefully reviewed by experienced prosecutors to determine whether it is appropriate to press charges at this time. We hope that [Sheriff’s Department] will bring the case to us sometime this month.”

A spokesman for the Sheriff’s Department said Monday the investigation was “active and ongoing” and declined to comment further.

Gascón’s update was part of the “Ask the DA” series in which he answers questions submitted via social media.

Authorities began investigating allegations of domestic violence against Marilyn Manson, whose real name is Brian Warner, last year. A search warrant was served on his home in November.

“The incidents occurred between 2009 and 2011 when Mr. Warner lived in the city of West Hollywood,” the sheriff’s department said last year. The accuser has not been identified.

Evan Rachel Wood, star of HBO’s Westworld, was in a relationship with Manson during this time. She got engaged to the singer in 2010 before breaking up.

Last year, Wood and several other women publicly accused Manson of molestation.

“He started grooming me when I was a teenager and abused me terribly for years,” Wood wrote in messages posted to Instagram. “I was brainwashed and manipulated into submission. I am fed up with living in fear of retribution, slander or blackmail.”

Manson denies the allegations. In March, he sued Wood and artist Illma Gore in LA County Superior Court, charging them with defamation, fraud and conspiracy.

Manson also faces a federal lawsuit in Los Angeles alleging sexual assault, assault and human trafficking. The lawsuit was filed by actress Esmé Bianco last year.

Bianco claims she was raped and subjected to sleep deprivation and forced labor after Manson offered to help her obtain a work visa.

“The District Attorney is committed to investing in trauma-informed care for all victims of sexual assault, abuse and intimate partner violence,” Gascón said in Monday’s video. “We understand how difficult it can be to come forward as a victim, especially when the case involves such high profile, and we aim to treat all victims with the utmost care and respect.”

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-09-12/marilyn-manson-abuse-investigation-ongoing-los-angeles-prosecutor-says Marilyn Manson abuse investigation ongoing, Los Angeles prosecutor says

Sarah Ridley

USTimesPost.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimespost.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button