In the Marvel Universe, the Infinity Stones—six gems whose unique properties grant the possessor control over time, space, reality, mind, power, and soul—are priceless.
However, in our universe, it turns out that you are can Measure the value of the Stones: over $25 million.
Unveiled Friday at Comic-Con by Shark Tank investor, FUBU founder and Emmy nominee Daymond John, Marvel Entertainment and East Continental Gems’ collection of unique gems totaling more than 150 carats.
Paul Grid, senior vice president of Marvel Consumer Products, explained the rationale behind the Cush collaboration in a statement. “Fans and collectors are a very important consumer for Marvel as they truly live the Marvel lifestyle every day and are always looking to connect with the brand in new and unique ways.”
Los Angeles-based Darren Romanelli, aka DRx, is the creative director behind the gems’ look, while Gentle Giant Ltd. was involved in the development of the Infinity Gauntlet in which the gems are displayed.
In the comics, the Stones (formerly referred to as Gems) were first introduced with the appearance of the Soul Stone in “Marvel Premiere” #1 (April 1972). After the others followed, all of the gems first appeared together in Avengers Annual #7 (1977).
Each stone in the East Continental Gems collection not only corresponds to one of the fictional Infinity Stones, but also comes from a different family of earthly gemstones:
- The Time Stone, which has the ability to manipulate time—even in places beyond time—is a nearly 23-carat Colombian emerald.
- The Space Stone, which allows its user to exist in any location, move through multiple realities, warp space, and teleport between planes, is a sapphire from the island of Madagascar and is over 30 carats.
- The Reality Stone, which has the power to force anything into or out of existence and can retroactively create alternate realities around those changes, is an oval natural Mozambique Ruby and is over 15 carats.
- The Power Stone allows its users to manipulate all forms of energy and improve their own physical strength and stamina, in addition to enhancing the effects of the five other stones. This jewel is an oval shaped natural amethyst of over 35 carats.
Capable of manipulating a person’s soul and essence, controlling life and death, and containing a pocket dimension called the Soul World, the Soul Stone is a cushion-shaped spessartite, or spessartite garnet, exceeding 35 carats.
- The Mind Stone allows its user to enhance their mind, awaken or increase abilities such as telepathy and telekinesis, and – when combined with the Power Stone – access all minds in existence at the same time. This gem is a yellow diamond near 35 carats.
“As a fourth-generation jeweler and fan, I am honored that Marvel has entrusted us with the monumental task of curating the Infinity Gem Collection for our universe,” said Adam Mirzoeff, vice president of East Continental Gems, in a statement. The company will also be releasing a limited edition Reality Stone in September as part of a future collection.
John, a self-confessed Marvel fan, wrote in an email: “It was an honor to be a part of the reveal of the Infinity Gem Collection. This collection and the partnership between Marvel and East Continental Gems is the perfect example of how strategic partnerships can lead to unique and innovative ideas that make waves in an industry. I know Marvel fans will go crazy over this collection.”
No word yet on the possible MCU/Comic-Con/Heist crossover event.
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/story/2022-07-22/marvel-comic-con-2022-infinity-stones-unveiled Marvel unveils $25-million Infinity Stones at Comic-Con 2022