The fire is estimated to be 3,000 acres at this point. WSDOT East says westbound I-90 is closed at Interchange US 2 in Spokane.
MEDICAL LAKE, Wash. — The entire city of Medical Lake is under a Level 3 (GO NOW!) Level 3 evacuation due to a 3,000-acre wildfire on second alert, as reported by the Department of Health. Washington State Department of Natural Resources (DNR).
Law enforcement has confirmed that one person died in the fire.
Strong winds are fanning this fire and structures have been lost. According to the KREM 2 Weather Team, those winds are expected to last until 7pm on Friday. As the wind eases, it will turn more northerly.
Several planes and more than a dozen fire engines are heading to the scene.
At this time, Level 3 evacuation (GO NOW!) is in place for the following areas:
- medical lake city
- Bang Dong Hospital
- Health Lake West to West
- East to Bartholomew
- Northern limit to Medical Lake City
- South to Greengate
- Residents west of Gray Street
- East residents to Clear Lake
- South residents to Lake Tyler Medical Road
- Residents north to Greengate Lane
- SR 902 to Green Gate Lane, including Medical Lake Waterfront Park
- Fancher Street
- I-90 in the south
- Medical Lake City limits to the north
- Silver Lake in the east
- Clear Lake in the west
- East of Silver Lake, specifically the area surrounded by Medical Lake
- Four Lakes Road to Lake Side Drive to Granite Lake Road with the southern boundary of I-90
- Gray in the west
- Murphy to the east
- I-90 in the north
- 902 to the south
According to the DNR, a level 1 evacuation (READY!) also applies to the city of Cheney.
A Shelter in Place Order has been issued for:
- Lakeland Village
- Martin Hall
- pine guesthouse
The latest evacuation notices can be found This.
According to WSDOT East, westbound I-90 is closed at Interchange US 2 in Spokane. There are no marked detours, but drivers are asked to avoid I-90/Medical Lake and SR 902.
I-90 eastbound is closed at the intersection of Tyler and SR 904. There is a bypass to this closure via SR 904 via Cheney.
No ETA for reopening at this time.
Cheney High School evacuees are currently being moved in Spokane Falls Community College. That shelter is located at 3410 W Whistals Wy. Support available at the shelter will include food, cribs, and other needs. Evacuated residents are encouraged to bring the following:
- Prescription and emergency medicine
- extra clothes
- Blankets pillows
- sanitary supplies
- Important documents and other comfort items
- Special items for babies and babies, such as diapers, formula and toys
- Other items for family members who may have different needs
People without transportation are being evacuated by STA bus. A bus is also being sent to Medical Lake High School at 1010 E Lake St, Medical Lake.
This is an evolving story. Check back for updates.
HOW TO ADD KREM+ APP TO YOUR STREAMING DEVICE
ROKU:add channel fromROKU storeor by searching for KREM in the Channel Store.
Fire TV: search for “KREM” to find free apps to add to your account. Another option for Fire TV is to have the appsend directly to your Fire TVthrough Amazon.
To report typographical or grammatical errors, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.