No one will take home the $368 million jackpot on Friday, but a Texas player will wake up a millionaire.
WASHINGTON — The Mega Millions jackpot will continue to grow after no one correctly matched all six numbers in Friday’s drawing.
No one will take home Friday’s $368 million jackpot, but a Texas player will wake up a millionaire after matching the first five numbers. The jackpot for Tuesday’s next spin rises to an estimated $400 million.
Mega Millions has not had a major winner since April 18, when a 71-year-old man from New York won the state’s largest-ever Mega Millions jackpot. Johnnie Taylor of Howard Beach in Queens, New York, won $476 million but chose the cash option — a sum worth more than $157 million after taxes.
Winners almost always have a cash option, but instead, they have the option to receive the full amount in recurring payments over 29 years.
Mega Millions winning numbers June 30, 2023:
The winning numbers were 13-22-47-51-55, Mega Ball 9 and Megaplier 3.
What is the biggest lottery jackpot ever won?
1.24 billion, Powerball, November 8, 2022 (one ticket, from California)
2. $1.586 billion, Powerball, January 13, 2016 (three tickets, from California, Florida, Tennessee)
3. $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, October 23, 2018 (one ticket, from South Carolina)
4. $1.35 billion, Mega Millions, January 13, 2023 (one ticket, from Maine)
5. $1.337 billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022 (one ticket, from Illinois)
6. $1.05 billion, Mega Millions, January 22, 2021 (one ticket, from Michigan)
$7.768.4 million, Powerball, March 27, 2019 (one ticket, from Wisconsin)
$8.758.7 million, Powerball, August 23, 2017 (one ticket, from Massachusetts)
9. $731.1 million, Powerball, January 20, 2021 (one ticket, from Maryland)
10. $699.8 million, Powerball, October 4, 2021 (one ticket, from California)
The game’s huge prize pool comes with a really small chance of winning — the winner surpasses odds of around 1 in 302.6 million.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.