NEW details about Meghan Markle’s pivotal role at the Invictus Games have been revealed – with the pair set to prepare for their first official engagement in months.
The Duke and Duchess will take to the stage at the Harry’s Invictus Games in Düsseldorf, Germany, in September. walkie talkie report.
Meghan, 42, will host the ‘Lifestories Scene’ segment at the event’s closing ceremony, the report claims.
She is set to make a “profound” contribution – in recognition of the bravery and resilience of the wounded servicemen and women competing.
And Harry, 38, will give a farewell speech at the closing ceremony on September 16.
The last time the couple attended a public event, their spokesperson claimed that they were engaged in a “nearly catastrophic car chase”, which they said lasted more than two hours. clock.
They claimed that Harry and Meghan’s car was the “relentless pursuit” target of the paparazzi after the awards ceremony in New York.
However, police and a taxi driver dismissed those claims, calling them “exaggerated”.
New York Post Office previously reported that the pair would be traveling to Germany for the games Harry started in 2014 to give military veterans the chance to compete in an international sporting event.
Games will begin on 9 September – the day after the one-year anniversary of the Queen’s death.
It comes after Harry made an emotional statement about “family” in the trailer for his first Netflix series without Meghan.
The Duke of Sussex’s new documentary Heart of Invictus will be available on the streaming service from August 30.
It deals with wounded and ailing veterans participating in Harry’s Paralympic Invictus Games.
The show’s trailer begins with Harry’s speech at the competition’s opening ceremony in the Netherlands last year.
He said: “If your goal is to make your country proud, you’ve done it.
“If your goal is to make your family happy, you’ve achieved it.
“You guys are brave, resilient, strong – you have the heart of Invictus.”
The show aired almost three years after Harry and Meghan signed a multi-million dollar deal with Netflix said to be worth £88 million.
Their biggest success to date has been a documentary criticizing their treatment of the Royal Family.
Harry’s new series doesn’t appear to feature Meghan, with whom he has collaborated on previous Netflix projects.
He launched the Invictus Games in 2014, with the next one to be held in Dusseldorf, Germany this September.
In a video message last week, Harry said: “I can’t wait to see you all again and see the community again. It’s been so long.
“You are all in different parts of your healing journey. We are all the same, we always will be.
“But I can assure you that the experience you are about to have is hopefully life-changing and you will definitely become a better person afterwards.
“Thank you for your service. Thank you for your commitment, your determination to achieve this.
“We’re going to have a lot of fun. It’s going to be the best games ever – the best matches.”
21 countries including Israel, Colombia and Nigeria will participate in the tournament next month.
Rita Ora will sing at the closing ceremony on September 16.