A woman who was allegedly raped by Benjamin Mendy told a pal he “thought he could get away with it” because he was playing for Man City, a court has learned.
The left-back, who was released from the Premier League club, is accused of raping the woman during a party at his villa.
Chester Crown Court heard her texting a friend after the alleged assault: “I can’t stop crying.”
“It was a City player, bro. Premier League footballer. So he probably thinks he can get away with it.”
The alleged victim, named Frau Zwei, also told the friend that she “kept saying no,” it said.
She said there was a “little situation” when she asked the pal to call her, explaining she ended up at Mendy’s for an “after-party thing.”
The woman claimed the footballer was “a bit forceful”, adding: “I’ve always said no, I don’t want that.”
Mendy is accused of rape and attempted rape against two women.
The jury was told that the France international had already been found not guilty on other charges following a trial.
The retrial centered on how Ms. Two was “violently” raped by Mendy in October 2022 after they met in a bar.
She and her friends were invited to his home, where they were later asked to leave their cell phones, it said.
Ms. Two later followed the star into a bedroom, the doors of which were reportedly locked behind her with an internal locking system.
The jury overheard Mendy telling her he would return her phone if he could see her naked, leading the complainant to tell him, “I don’t want to have sex with you.”
He reportedly added: “If you just undress. I just want to look at you I promise I won’t touch you.”
“I just want to see how you look. i want to see your body I wanna see your t*** Your t*** is so big.”
She then claims he raped her when she fought back and told him no.
Mendy is accused of calling the woman “too shy” as he claimed “I’ve had sex with 10,000 women”.
The jury heard last week how Woman One was allegedly targeted by the Man City star at a gathering at his mansion.
She claimed he tried to rape her after following her to the bathroom.
The court was told she repeatedly asked Mendy in French to “stop” while he held her.
Then he said to her, “Don’t worry. Are you scared?”
The woman later wrote to a friend, “I was just sexually assaulted by Mendy, if that’s the right word.”
She also claimed in the October 2018 text that the footballer “wouldn’t let me go”.
City reportedly spent £49.2m to sign Mendy from French club Monaco in 2017.
He last played for the club on August 15, 2021, during the 1-0 defeat by Tottenham at the start of last season.
In September 2020, City boss Pep Guardiola announced that Mendy would be out for at least a month due to injury.
He was later suspended pending an investigation after he was charged.
Mendy denies a charge of rape and a charge of attempted rape.
The process goes on.