Mum of Sara Sharif desperately tried to contact ex-husband after finding out she was dead – as cops hunt him in Pakistan

The heartbroken mother of Sara Sharif was desperate to get in touch with her ex-husband after finding out the 10-year-old was dead – while police were hunting him in Pakistan.

Heartbroken, Olga Sharif announced that her efforts to get Urfan Sharif to explain the killing of her daughter had collapsed after calls, texts and pleas on social media went unanswered.

Sara Sharif was found dead at her home in Woking on Thursday last week


Sara Sharif was found dead at her home in Woking on Thursday last week
Sara's mother Olga Sharif tried desperately to call her ex-husband


Sara’s mother Olga Sharif tried desperately to call her ex-husbandPhoto credit: Simon Jones – Commissioned by The Sun
Her father, Urfan, called 999 from Pakistan after he allegedly killed her


Her father, Urfan, called 999 from Pakistan after he allegedly killed her
A handout from Surrey Police with wanted father Urfan


A handout from Surrey Police with wanted father UrfanPhoto credit: PA
He fled to Pakistan with his partner, Beinash Batool


He fled to Pakistan with his partner, Beinash BatoolPhoto credit: PA

This comes after Urfan was unofficially named as one of three people wanted by police who fled to Pakistan on flights worth £5,000 each way just hours before the girl’s body was found.

Olga told The Sun: “I texted and called but didn’t get anything so I tried to reach him on TikTok but it switched to private.”

“My friends and my relatives also tried to message them, but no one got anything.”

Urfan also didn’t reply to a series of Facebook messages.

Olga added: “He said he loves my children, but he flies away?

“It takes less than five minutes to leave the country.

“It takes hours to sort everything out, like the money for the flights.”

“There are still so many unanswered questions.”

Sara suffered “serious injuries” before she was allegedly murdered – when police officers chased her father after he called 999 from Pakistan.

Police said they found the body of ten-year-old Sara around 2.50am on August 10 at her family’s home in Woking after her father Urfan received an emergency call on 999.

A spokesman added that the call came from Pakistan, most likely from the country’s capital, Islamabad.

Surrey Police said: “Officers have identified three people they would like to speak to as part of the ongoing investigation into Sara’s death.

“These individuals have been identified as Sara’s father, Urfan Sharif, 41, his partner, Beinash Batool, 29, and Urfan’s brother, Faisal Malik, 28.

“Urfan is believed to have traveled to Islamabad, Pakistan, on Wednesday, August 9, accompanied by his partner and brother.

“With them were five children between the ages of one year and 13 years.”

Police are not looking for anyone in connection with Sara’s death.

There is no extradition treaty between Pakistan and Great Britain.


A post-mortem revealed that Sara “suffered multiple and extensive injuries, probably inflicted over an extended period of time.”

Dept Supt Mark Chapman said: “Although the autopsy was not able to provide us with a definitive cause of death at this time, we now know that Sara suffered multiple and serious injuries over an extended period.”

“This has significantly changed the nature of our investigation and we have expanded the timeline for the focus of our investigation.

“So we’re trying to get a picture of Sara’s lifestyle, but we can’t do it without the help of the public.”

Anyone who knew Sara or her family is urged to come forward about this investigation portal.

Now police officers from the National Crime Agency are working with Interpol and Pakistani authorities to track down the three suspects.

DNA comparisons are now being carried out to confirm Sara’s identity.

Her mother Olga could not be used to identify Sara because she had not seen her for four years and her identification would therefore not have met the coroner’s requirements.

Det Supt Chapman appealed to anyone with information about Sara and the family to come forward.

Police are not expected to leave the Woking home for “several weeks”.

It was announced yesterday that an autopsy conducted on Tuesday concluded that the cause of Saras was “unknown”.

Surrey Police Detective Inspector Mark Chapman then called the investigation “traumatic” and confirmed that the officers involved were being assisted by the police.


Sara’s body was found after police were taken to an address of her father Urfan Sharif on Hammond Road around 2.50am on Thursday 10 August 2023.

Her death was pronounced at the scene of the crime.

Police quickly cordoned off the area and officers were seen entering and exiting the home with evidence bags in hand.

The next day it emerged that three people the police wanted to speak to had fled the country in the hours before the boy’s body was found.

It comes as a local travel agent on Tuesday said it had been contacted by someone Sara knew who wanted group tickets to the capital, Islamabad BBC reports.

The booking cost over £5,000 and was booked on August 9, hours before the girl’s body was found alone in Horsell near Woking by police.

One woman's 10-minute hack to curl hair on a flight - but some are left very confused
Pink-loving gypsy reveals unusual reason she wore black for a whole year

British authorities now face an uphill battle to get the group – who Sara all knows – back to the UK.

This is because the UK does not have a formal extradition treaty with Pakistan, making it difficult to get the runaways back for questioning.

Edmuns DeMars

Edmund DeMarche is a USTimesPost U.S. News Reporter based in London. His focus is on U.S. politics and the environment. He has covered climate change extensively, as well as healthcare and crime. Edmund DeMarche joined USTimesPost in 2023 from the Daily Express and previously worked for Chemist and Druggist and the Jewish Chronicle. He is a graduate of Cambridge University. Languages: English. You can get in touch with me by emailing

Related Articles

Back to top button