Sir Antonio-Patrick Agee II is accused of killing a teenager who set off fireworks with his family in a Federal Way neighborhood.
FEDERAL WAY, Wash. — The charge against the suspect in a July 4 drive-by shooting on Federal Way was upgraded to first-degree murder Thursday after the victim died.
Sir Antonio-Patrick Agee II, 19, of Kent, is accused of fatally shooting Matthew Saelor, 19, while a group of people prepared to light sparklers in a residential area.
Agee was previously charged with first-degree assault in the incident.
Agee and two other people were driving through the neighborhood around 10 p.m. when a witness said someone yelled at the car to slow down because children were present.
Investigators said Agee, who was riding in the back seat of the car, verbally abused the witness and fired multiple shots out the window.
One of the shots hit Saelor in the head and another bullet went through the bedroom window of the family home. Saelor was within feet of four other people during the shooting, one of whom was his 12-year-old sister, according to probable cause documents.
Officers who were in the area spotted a car matching the description of the suspect vehicle and stopped it. During the traffic stop, officers saw a gun in the back seat.
The driver of the car said that while driving, she heard a woman yelling something at them, and then Agee or the other passenger yelled something back. The driver said she heard fireworks but no gunshots.
Saelor died on July 7 from a gunshot wound to the head, according to probable cause documents.
Agee’s next court date is August 22nd. The bail is $2 million, according to the King County Attorney’s Office.
CLOCK: KING 5’s top stories playlist on YouTube
https://www.king5.com/article/news/crime/murder-charges-fourth-of-july-drive-by-shooting-federal-way/281-b310dcc5-6461-4fe2-932e-aada10497d0d Murder charge in Fourth of July drive-by shooting in Federal Way