Overwatch 2 is coming later this year as a free-to-play Early Access title for consoles and PC. With this change in business model, Blizzard Entertainment is now offering a bundle for the unreleased game with lots of cosmetics and goodies, including beta access. However, it will set you back for the full price of a game.
Overwatch 2’s first content pack, called the Overwatch Watchpoint Pack, costs $39.99 and includes a game that you can play right away. It’s the Legendary Edition of the original Overwatch that comes with some additional skins for characters and will probably be necessary for the next piece of the bundle; Buyers will also get access to the upcoming Overwatch 2 beta, starting June 28th. When the game launches straight into Early Access in October, the Watchpoint Bundle will cover the cost of the first Season Pass and grant skins, in-game currency, and more.
Here is the entire content of the Watchpoint pack:
- Guaranteed Access to the Overwatch 2 PvP Crossplay Beta (Beta begins June 28, 2022)
- Overwatch: Legendary Edition (includes five (5) legendary skins and five (5) epic skins)
- Additional content will be granted to purchasers at the October 4 release of Overwatch 2
- Premium Battle Pass: Season 1 – Two (2) Overwatch
- 2 Legendary Hero Skins – Space Raider Soldier 76 and Space Raider Cassidy
- 2000 Overwatch 2 Virtual Currency – Overwatch
- 2-player icon (exclusive to the Overwatch 2 Watchpoint Pack pre-purchase)
The Overwatch 2 Watchpoint Pack is available on all platforms that Overwatch 2 will be available: PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch and PC. OW2 Early Access begins October 4th and includes a new character, The Junker Queen. Our very own Brian Shea spoke to the Overwatch team about this upcoming game and the move to free-to-play, and you can read his preview here.
https://www.gameinformer.com/2022/06/16/overwatch-2s-first-content-bundle-includes-original-game-and-beta-access-still-pricey Overwatch 2’s First Content Bundle Includes Original Game And Beta Access, Still Pricey