AMAZON Fire TVs have three tricks every owner needs to know.
They will immediately improve your viewing experience.
Lost your remote control? No problem
An additional remote control for the TV is hidden in the official Amazon Fire TV app, which you can download from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
You can turn your phone into an extra remote control.
This gives you the ability to navigate your FireStick device even if your physical remote control is missing — or wedged between the sofa cushions.
You can use it as keyboard and voice search.
To access it, just follow these instructions:
- Search for Amazon Fire TV in your smartphone’s app store.
- Click Download
- After installation, open the app
- Click Set up Fire TV Recast
Decorate without actually decorating
After a few minutes of inactivity, a Fire Stick will display a screen saver.
You can give your living room a new touch by setting up a new screensaver on your Amazon Fire TV.
There’s even the option to upload your own family pictures or custom photos to make your device a little more yours.
That’s how it’s done:
- Install the Amazon Photos app on your smartphone
- Sign in with your Amazon account
- Click Back up photos and videos from the app
- You can get up to 5GB of storage for free
- When you’re done, open your FireStick Home and go to Amazon Photos app (integrated on FireStick)
- Go to in the top menu of this app Folder
- You will find yours Pictures are available in that folder, click on them
- Click on any picture and press the button 3 horizontal line type button on your FireStick remote
- Choose “Set as screensaver”
Never run out of charge again
It can be really painful when your FireStick breaks and you don’t have backup batteries nearby.
While the additional smartphone remote control for the TV can certainly help, it’s good to know when you need to top up your batteries.
If you want to know how strong the battery of your remote control is, you should follow the following steps:
- Go to Settings on your FireStick device
- Click on Controllers and Bluetooth devices
- Choose now Amazon Fire TV remote controls
- On the right you can see the strength of your battery
The best tips and hacks for phones and gadgets
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find these secret features in social media apps? We are here for you…
Get the latest WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook and other tech gadget stories here.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org