There’s a secret menu hiding on your Amazon Fire Stick that unlocks four free benefits when you access it.
It’s an essential part of your technique when your Fire Stick isn’t working as well as it used to.
The hidden menu is a developer tool hidden on your Fire TV Stick.
Whether you have an old one or a new one, it’s there.
It will even be featured on Amazon’s Fire TV Cubes.
The menu tells you which apps are hogging your Fire Stick.
To access it, just follow these steps:
You need to turn on your TV as usual and open the Fire TV page, which will show all of your Netflix, Prime Video, Freevee, and YouTube apps.
Then you need to click the middle button and down directional button on the Fire remote.
These need to be simultaneously clicked and held for about two to three seconds, no longer.
Most read in “Phones and Gadgets”.
Next, let go immediately and tap the menu button – the three horizontal lines in the bottom-right circle toggle.
If you don’t get this part quite right, just try again.
If you did it right, you’ll see the TV scroll down pretty quickly.
Then you need to click the menu button again and lo and behold, the developer tools menu will appear.
The menu that appears might look quite strange considering it’s intended for tech developers and not the average Fire Stick owner.
But here’s a breakdown of the free perks you’ll see:
- System X-ray: Open this in a buffer app and it will tell you if your central processing unit (CPU) is overloaded.
- If it’s red instead of green, you need to free up some space on your device.
- This stays on your screen until you turn it off again in the Developer Tools menu.
- Amazon reveals more about this tool Here.
- Developer Options: This allows you to enable a line called “Recommended by your apps” (shown below the Netflix and HBO Go lines) where you can see recommendations sent by third-party apps.
- Delete credential storage: This will erase any credentials set for apps on Fire TV.
- This is useful if you’re selling your Fire Stick and don’t want to give it access to all of your app accounts.
- Start Network Advisor: This will show you the speeds of your WiFi network to ensure you are getting the speeds your provider is promising.
- If your network speed is poor, consider moving your router closer to the TV.
The best tips and hacks for phones and gadgets
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find these secret features in social media apps? We are here for you…
Get the latest WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook and other tech gadget stories here.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org