Looking for the perfect thing to cook up this summer?
Michela Tartaglia from Pasta Casalinga at Pike Place Market joined the show to share a delicious and fresh pasta recipe that hits the spot!
Caserecce with PNW spot shrimp, purple Yakima Valley asparagus and capers
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 4 asparagus, cleaned and trimmed
- 16 shrimp
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 16 ounces caserecce pasta
- 1 tablespoon toasted breadcrumbs
- Lemon peel
- In a medium sized pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil over medium heat and after a minute add the shallot, capers and asparagus. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the shrimp, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and cook for another 2 minutes. Turn it off.
- Meanwhile, cook the caserecce al dente in plenty of boiling salted water.
- Drain the pasta, reserving some of the water, and add to the pan.
- Turn the heater back on.
- Quickly sauté the noodles for a minute.
- Arrange in 4 pasta bowls, making sure to distribute the shrimp evenly.
- Finish with some breadcrumbs, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and some lemon zest.
Segment producer Joseph Suttner. Watch New Day Northwest at 11am on weekdays KING 5 and live streaming at KING5.com. Contact New Day.
https://www.king5.com/article/entertainment/television/programs/new-day-northwest/pike-place-cucina-casalinga-recipe-caserecce-prawns-asparagus/281-28b399e2-33fd-4ad1-8a0b-25a5f52ffea4 Pike Place’s Cucina Casalinga shares recipe for caserecce with prawns and asparagus