Powerball has had no jackpot winner since April 19.
WASHINGTON – Will a winner stop the rally? Powerball Wednesday’s $546 million drawing jackpot?
The lottery game hasn’t had a major winner since April 19, when a winning ticket worth $252 million was sold in Ohio.
Players who match all five white and Powerball balls can win a grand prize total, paid out over 29 years, or choose the cash option. The cash option for the drawing is estimated at $280 million.
What are the winning Powerball numbers for 5/7/23?
The winning numbers were 17-24-48-62-68, Powerball 23 and Power Play 2.
What are my chances of winning Powerball?
The odds of winning the Powerball jackpot are 1 in 292.2 million.
Over the past few years, huge lottery jackpots have become more popular as lottery officials have changed the rules and ticket prices to increase the top prize.
Powerball’s biggest change comes in 2021 when officials decide to add Mondays to the weekly draw list on Wednesday and Saturday nights. At the time of publication, Powerball claimed the addition of a Monday draw would result in a “bigger, faster-rising jackpot”.
Powerball is played in 45 states, as well as Washington, DC, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
What is the biggest US lottery jackpot ever won?
- $2.04 billion, Powerball, November 8, 2022 (one ticket, from California)
- $1.586 billion, Powerball, January 13, 2016 (three tickets, from California, Florida, Tennessee)
- $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, October 23, 2018 (one ticket, from South Carolina)
- $1.35 billion Mega Millions, January 13, 2023 (one ticket, from Maine)
- $1.337 billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022 (one ticket, from Illinois)
- $1.05 billion, Mega Millions, January 22, 2021 (one ticket, from Michigan)
- $768.4 million, Powerball, March 27, 2019 (one ticket, from Wisconsin)
- $758.7 million, Powerball, August 23, 2017 (one ticket, from Massachusetts)
- $731.1 million, Powerball, January 20, 2021 (one ticket, from Maryland)
- $699.8 million, Powerball, October 4, 2021 (one ticket, from California)