Premier League player faces two further allegations of rape

A Premier League footballer arrested on suspicion of rape is facing two more allegations of assaulting another woman, sources told ESPN.

The player, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was questioned by London’s Metropolitan Police earlier this week and was released on bail until an unspecified date in August.

It had previously been reported that the individual – a well-known international – had been arrested in the early hours of Monday on an alleged rape that is believed to have taken place in June.

Allegations of two separate incidents from last year then emerged, and Scotland Yard said in a statement: “On July 4 an allegation of the rape of a woman in her 20s was reported to police. It was reported that the alleged rape took place in June 2022. On July 4, a 29-year-old man was arrested at an address in Barnet on suspicion of rape and taken into custody.

“While in custody, he was arrested on suspicion of two rapes allegedly committed in April and June 2021 against another woman in her 20s. He was subsequently released on bail until a date in August.

“Investigations into the circumstances are ongoing.”

The player’s club declined to comment. It remains to be seen if the player will feature in his team’s pre-season games.

The Premier League season begins on August 5th.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/english-premier-league/story/4694872/premier-league-player-faces-two-further-allegations-of-rape Premier League player faces two further allegations of rape

Emma Bowman

USTimesPost.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimespost.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button