Prince Charles denies wrongdoing in charity donation

The newspaper said the money had been deposited into the accounts of the Prince of Wales’ charity fund. There was no allegation that anything illegal was being done.

LONDON, UK – Prince Charles’ office has denied that the heir to the British throne committed any wrongdoing in accepting pockets full of cash as charity donations from a Qatari politician.

The Sunday Times said the prince received a total of 3 million euros ($3.2 million) from Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani, former Prime Minister of Qatar. The money was handed over to Charles at private meetings between 2011 and 2015 – once in a suitcase, once in shopping bags from the London department store Fortnum & Mason.

The newspaper said the money had been deposited into the accounts of the Prince of Wales’ charity fund. There was no allegation that anything illegal was being done.

Charles’ office, Clarence House, said in a statement that the donations “were immediately passed on to one of the Prince’s charities who carried out the appropriate administration and assured us that all correct processes were followed”.

The Prince’s Charity Fund told the newspaper it had “verified that the donor was a legitimate and verified counterparty… and our auditors signed off on the donation following a specific request during verification.” There was no failure of governance.”

The Qatar government communications office did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

As Prime Minister of Qatar between 2007 and 2013, Hamad oversaw the oil-rich state’s sovereign wealth fund, which has made major real estate investments around the world, including London’s Shard skyscraper, Heathrow Airport and Harrods department store.

London Police are currently investigating a separate allegation that people linked to another of the Prince’s charities, the Prince’s Foundation, have offered to help a Saudi billionaire gain honors and citizenship in exchange for donations. Clarence House said Charles was not aware of any such offer.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/nation-world/prince-charles-bags-of-cash/507-2c94498b-af7d-4977-815d-b07aa1589798 Prince Charles denies wrongdoing in charity donation

Alley Einstein

USTimesPost.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimespost.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button