News

Prince Charles Will NO LONGER Accept Cash For His Charities After Shocking Cash Envelopes Scandal Involving Qatar’s Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim Rocks British Royal Family

Prince Charles is trying to make a right out of a mistake he made. The future King of England said he would not accept any further cash donations after criticism of the way he received money from a Qatari sheikh.

According to the Sunday Times, between 2011 and 2015 the prince personally accepted donations totaling €3 million to his charity Prince of Wales’s Charitable Fund (PWCF) from Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim, a former Prime Minister of Qatar. However, Clarence House said the donations were “prompted” to one of the Prince’s charities and that “appropriate management” had been carried out.

Prince Charles says he will no longer accept cash for his charities

“Charity donations received from Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim were immediately forwarded to one of the Prince’s charities, who carried out the appropriate administration and assured us that all correct processes were followed,” the statement said. Charities are allowed to accept cash donations, but the Charity Commission has guidelines that encourage everyone to follow to exercise due diligence when accepting donations.

Now a senior royal source in the prince’s office has insisted it would not happen again. “The Prince of Wales is acting on advice,” they said, adding that “situations and contexts change over the years”.

They said, “I can say with certainty that this hasn’t happened in more than half a decade … and it won’t happen again.”

The Charity Commission has yet to decide whether the cash – some of which was handed over in bags belonging to upscale retailer Fortnum and Mason – merits an investigation. However, the Charity Board’s rules indicate that monetary donations to charities are permitted. Prince Charles’ office insists the money was immediately passed on to his charities and they decided whether to accept the money.

“It has followed all the right processes and the examiners have looked at it,” the royal official said. The money went to the Prince of Wales’ Charity Foundation.

Daily Soap Dish fans, let us know what you think by dropping us your thoughts in our comments section below. Also, don’t forget that we’re your source for all the latest celebrity news right here. In addition, we also have spoilers for your favorite series on TV including The Young and the Restless, The Bold and the Beautiful, General Hospital and Days of Our Lives.

https://dailysoapdish.com/2022/07/prince-charles-will-no-longer-accept-cash-for-his-charities-after-shocking-cash-envelopes-scandal-involving-qatars-sheikh-hamad-bin-jassim-rocks-british-royal-family/ Prince Charles Will NO LONGER Accept Cash For His Charities After Shocking Cash Envelopes Scandal Involving Qatar’s Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim Rocks British Royal Family

Alley Einstein

USTimesPost.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimespost.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button