Prince Harry is apparently planning a trip to Africa WITHOUT Meghan Markle to film a new Netflix documentary.
The Duke of Sussex is set to travel to Africa to direct the solo film, which is believed to have been inspired by his mother.
Princess Diana traveled the continent just before her death as part of a campaign to raise awareness of the number of unclaimed landmines there.
It’s not yet known what the documentary will be about, but the prince is expected to follow in their footsteps. page six reports.
However, due to the ongoing writers’ strike in the US, the plans have apparently been put on hold.
Harry has a long association with Africa and even took his now-wife Meghan on a camping trip to Botswana as one of their first dates.
The Duke has co-founded a charity to support African orphans, Sentebale, with Prince Seeiso of Lesotho.
A source told the outlet, “Obviously Harry has many roots in Africa and feels at home there.”
In 2017, the prince himself said, “Here I feel more like myself than anywhere else in the world.”
“I wish I could spend more time in Africa.”
Last week the couple were told they should come up with more must-watch shows for Netflix if they want to get £40million in backed royalties, sources say.
The couple’s six-part, soul-baring series was the streaming giant’s most-watched documentary.
But the Duke and Duchess of Sussex – who finally moved out of Windsor’s Frogmore Cottage this week – believed they had only paid half of their alleged £81million contract.
And they’ll only get the rest if they produce really interesting content, an industry source revealed.
The source said the US giant is pleased with the ratings of the couple’s Harry & Meghan series.
It proves that with the right format they can be box office hits.
However, if no suitable follow-up measures can be agreed, the outstanding cash will not be handed over, it is said.
A similar public split as with Spotify will not be forthcoming for the couple.
Her company Archewell’s £18m deal with the platform was ended by mutual agreement after 41-year-old Meghan produced just 13 shows in two and a half years.
The industry source said of the Netflix deal: “This isn’t going to be a headline-grabbing, public breakup.
“Netflix has been delighted to sign Harry and Meghan and is looking for great ideas for the future.
“But the rest of the deal depends on them producing those good ideas. The deal is under constant review, which is normal for a company of this size.”
Last week, The Sun on Sunday quoted a Netflix insider as claiming “the lemon was fully squeezed.”
Harry’s Heart of Invictus series about the Olympics, which he created for wounded ex-military cadets, is scheduled to air in August.
But Meghan’s animated series Pearl, about a girl inspired by historical female characters, has been canceled.
Netflix bosses are awaiting the final season of royal drama The Crown, which will explore the early stages of William and Kate’s relationship.
The respected news agency Bloomberg reported that Prince Harry, 38, wanted to interview Russian President Vladimir Putin and former US President Donald Trump for Spotify.