Black Game Developer Fund has unveiled Protodroid DeLTA, a 3D action-platformer that’s an ode to the Sonic and Mega Man franchises and the jumping games that evolved from 2D to 3D in the ’90s. It’s coming out next year.
Developed by Adam Kareem, this game was unveiled as part of the BGDF 2nd Anniversary celebrations. For the uninitiated, BGDF is a $1 million annual fund established by Humble Games to support Black game developers around the world, and it is partnering with Humble Games to release Protodroid Delta. As part of this commitment with Humble Games, the company has also signed five new projects and secured an additional $1 million for the third year.
You can check out the reveal trailer for Protodroid Delta below:
“Scheduled for release in early 2023, Protodroid Delta is an ode to the iconic Sonic and Mega Man franchises and the generational leap from 2D to 3D gaming in the ’90s,” reads a press release. “The story follows DeLTA, a protodroid, along her quest to save the Radia region from a powerful Vyper threat while transforming the lives of everyone she meets on her journey.”
Elsewhere in the press release, BGDF highlights the five developers it is collaborating with on new projects:
- Code Blue Games – 6DEGREES – Founded by alumni from top studios including Sony, Disney, and Bethesda, Code Blue Games creates 6DEGREES, a third-person sci-fi action-adventure game that allows players to turn their minds into a variety of unique robots transmitted to fight enemies, traversing the environment and solving puzzles while protecting their physical bodies from harm.
- GxGrainSon – After GxGrainSon created an extraordinary world and vivid characters with the release of the 2D fantasy fighting game Arcus Chroma, GxGrainSon continues to build on the legacy of the original title in its follow-up title.
- Joseph Hooker – IGDA Next Gen Leader Award recipient Joseph Hooker’s upcoming game blends retro aesthetics, modern rendering and post-processing, and an immersive gameplay loop.
- ritual games – Developers Darryl Reid and Jon Goldthorpe are in the midst of developing an unannounced game inspired by their love of fighting games and 80’s action movies.
- Weathered Sweater – Founded by award-winning Trinidadian-American game developer Ryan Huggins, the Weathered Sweater team is working on a new, unannounced turn-based survival game.
Are you looking forward to Protodroid Delta? Let us know in the comments below!
https://www.gameinformer.com/2022/06/08/protodroid-delta-is-a-3d-action-platformer-inspired-by-sonic-and-mega-man-releasing-next Protodroid Delta Is A 3D Action Platformer Inspired By Sonic And Mega Man Releasing Next Year