The summer transfer window is closed for the big leagues in Europe. But looking ahead to January, there are a lot of rumors circulating about who is moving where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest in rumours, rumours, comings, goings and of course deals done!
TOP STORY: PSG eye Aubameyang
Paris Saint-Germain have started talks Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang regarding a possible move in the summer, per Foot Mercato.
The 33-year-old signed a two-year deal at Chelsea in the summer after leaving Barcelona. However, the former Arsenal forward may not be part of new Blues boss Graham Potter’s plans which could see Aubameyang leave London again.
The report suggests Chelsea won’t stand in the way of Aubameyang should a club make a suitable offer for his transfer in the summer and it is believed talks with PSG and the striker have already started with a view to next season .
Aubameyang is believed to be a long-time admirer at the club, where he is no stranger to manager Christophe Galtier, who managed Aubameyang at Saint-Etienne a decade ago.
PSG spent much of the previous transfer window signing a striker as an addition Kylian Mbappe, but were unsuccessful. In Aubameyang, the French giants could boast a proven goalscorer to partner alongside Mbappe.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, more (USA)
– Barcelona won’t go Inigo Martinez in January and instead opted to sign him next summer, according to Sport. The Athletic Club defender has long been wanted by Barcelona but with the 31-year-old available as a free agent in the summer it makes financial sense for the Spanish giants to wait. Martinez almost joined Barcelona previously under Ernesto Valverde but a move never materialized.
– Brendan Rodgers has admitted this Leicester City midfielder JamesMadison is likely to draw attention in the upcoming January transfer window, according to the Daily Mail. The Foxes turned down two offers from Premier League rivals Newcastle United in the summer and are likely to receive more offers after the 25-year-old’s stellar start to the season in January. Rodgers said: “I would think so [there would be],” about the Englishman’s interest, before admitting: “He’s never a player you want to lose.”
– Atletico Madrid have signed Anton Griezmann on a permanent deal worth €20m plus add-ons, per Fabrizio Romano. Griezmann has struggled to justify his £107m price tag at Barcelona and was keen to make a permanent return to Atletico, where he scored 133 goals in his first stint at the club. The Frenchman has only played two games in the starting XI this season in what appears to have been a deliberate ploy by Atletico to negate a clause in the original loan deal that would have resulted in them being paid €40m instead of the €20m they had due on June 31 -year-olds would have to pay -old’s services permanently.
– N’Golo Kante is in negotiations for a new deal at Chelsea but PSG’s interest remains in the Frenchman alongside potential Tottenham Hotspur, according to L’Equipe. Kante is demanding a long-term deal at his current club but there have been strong rumors that have led the midfielder away from Stamford Bridge. The 31-year-old isn’t short of options as PSG have long been admirers of the popular midfielder.
– Liverpool willing to swap defenders Joe Gomez for Lazio star Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, according to CalcioMercato. The Reds have long been admirers of Milinkovic-Savic and believe swapping Gomez could meet the £70m asking price alongside a fee. It could mean the end of Juventus’ interest in Milinkovic-Savic, who were reportedly planning to move for the 27-year-old.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4763821/transfer-talk-psg-eye-chelseas-pierre-emerick-aubameyang PSG eye Chelsea’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang