With just a month left until the January transfer window opens, there are plenty of rumors about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest in rumours, rumours, comings, goings and of course deals done!
TOP STORY: PSG working on Messi contract amid Miami interest
Paris Saint-Germain are working hard to reach an agreement on an extension Lionel Messicorresponding CBS.
PSG are looking to offer the Argentina international a new one-year deal with an option for a further year, according to the report, but after reportedly holding talks with Inter Miami, MLS are said to be confident of signing him.
Messi is currently focused on the World Cup, where Argentina will meet the Netherlands in the quarter-finals on Friday, but in line with recent news reports of a big free agent contract offer Cristiano Ronaldo from Al-Nassr, Saudi Arabian clubs also play around Messi, who is associated with Al-Hilal.
Messi was a legend at Barcelona, joining the club aged 13 and winning 10 LaLiga trophies and four Champions League trophies with the club but is unlikely to return.
– World Cup 2022: news and features | Schedule
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga and more (US)
10:33 GMT: Jude BellinghamHis stellar World Cup performances for England have ‘ruined’ Real Madrid’s plans to sign him, Marca report, with the midfielder’s skyrocketing transfer rating meaning a move to the La Liga giants has now ‘reached the brink of the impossible’.
Bellingham, 19, played in England’s 3-0 Round of 16 win over Senegal on Sunday after impressing in the group stage. The Spanish outlet claim his transfer value has risen to €150m.
Madrid have been keen on the Borussia Dortmund teenager as they continue the process of refreshing their midfield with veterans Luke Modric and Tony Kroos both out of contract at the end of this season.
According to Marca, the numbers being talked about now would threaten Madrid’s financial stability and Liverpool are leading the race for him.
09:57 GMT: Cristiano Ronaldo has not made a decision regarding the lucrative bid from Saudi Arabian club Al-Nassr, sources have told ESPN.
The Portugal captain is a free agent after mutually agreeing to end his contract with Manchester United in November.
A report in Marca claimed on Monday that Ronaldo will play for Al-Nassr from January 1 after agreeing a two-and-a-half-year deal with the Saudi club worth €200m per season. However, sources told ESPN that no agreement was reached.
While Al-Nassr is the best and only offer Ronaldo has on the table, he hasn’t signed anything with any club. The former Real Madrid forward is fully focused on the World Cup in Qatar and will make a decision on his future after the tournament.
09.22 GMT: Atlético Madrid’s Matheus Cunha and Philip will both join Wolverhampton Wanderers in a double deal this week, Cadena Cope reported as the LaLiga club try to balance the books following the financial hit of their exit from European competition.
Atletico finished bottom of their Champions League group last month, missing out on the knockout stages – as well as the Europa League – and have had to make some difficult decisions to reach their planned 2022-23 budget.
According to COPE, striker Cunha, 23, and centre-back Felipe, 33 – who share an agent – have both been deemed available for a transfer, with Wolves interested in the pair.
Cunha missed out on Brazil’s World Cup squad after failing to score for Atlético this season, with Alvaro Morata, Antoine Griezmann and Joao Felix all competing at the club’s front line.
08.39 GMT: Roma are open to transfers Justin Kluivert according to Sky Sports for 10 million euros to Valencia.
Kluivert has scored two goals and set up another in ten league games since joining Valencia on loan from Roma in September.
Valencia boss Gennaro Gattuso is delighted with Kluivert’s contribution and wants the player to stay beyond next summer. Los Che is expected to offer a €10m offer to sign Kluivert in the coming days.
The 23-year-old Kluivert is under contract with Roma until June 2024. He has not been able to secure a regular place in the Giallorossi squad as he was loaned out to Leipzig and Nice before joining Valencia.
08:00 CET: Portugal coach Fernando Santos said he has not spoken to him Cristiano Ronaldo about his proposed move to Al-Nassr.
Sources have told ESPN’s Rob Dawson that Ronaldo is close to a deal with Saudi Arabian club Al-Nassr following his departure from Manchester United.
There is growing confidence at Al-Nassr that a deal can be struck after Portugal’s World Cup season.
“I didn’t talk to him about that,” said Santos in his new conference ahead of Tuesday’s World Cup round of 16 against Switzerland. “This morning I spoke to the players but we didn’t talk about it. I didn’t know anything about the subject, to be fair. When I got here [at the news conference] someone told me the news.
“But I don’t know anything. It’s his decision; it’s his business, not ours. Cristiano is 100% focused on the World Cup and on helping the team. That’s his focus at the moment. About other situations I don’t know .” anything.”
Ale Moreno responds to Fernando Santos’ comments that he is unhappy with Cristiano Ronaldo.
PAPER GOSSIP (Adam Brown)
– Oliver Giroud will be offered a new contract by AC Milan, reveals Fabrizio Romano. The 36-year-old France international is said to be keen on continuing his career at the San Siro and the latest suggests talks will move forward following his return from the World Cup. Giroud scored as Les Bleus beat Poland to reach the quarterfinals of the tournament on Sunday.
– Manchester United are out of the contract race Jude Bellinghamwrites Sky Sports Germany. Liverpool remain one of the Premier League clubs at the front of the queue to secure the 19-year-old England midfielder’s signature and although Borussia Dortmund are ready to let him go they are understood to demand a fee of up €150 million.
– Ousmane Dembele could be signed for a fee of 50 million euros, Footmercato knows. He signed a new contract with Barcelona in the summer, unsure if he would continue at the Camp Nou and it looks like his representatives included a release clause in the contract, after which they would receive 50%, when a club decides to activate them. It is reported that the Blaugrana want to offer the 25-year-old an extension to his current term, which expires in 2024, in hopes of lifting the clause.
– Barcelona are interested in signing Mohammed Kudus, reports Sport. The 22-year-old versatile attacking midfielder has been in impressive form for Ajax this season and his performances for Ghana at the FIFA World Cup have caught the attention of more clubs across Europe. It is understood that the Eredivisie side would demand a fee of €40m to part ways with him.
– West Ham have reached an agreement to sign Luizao, according to UOL. The 20-year-old Sao Paulo defender will sign a contract at the London stadium until the summer of 2026, with an option that would allow the Hammers to extend the contract by a further two years.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4826541/transfer-talk-psg-push-messi-to-resign-amid-miami-interest PSG push Messi to re-sign amid Miami interest