Ronaldo has not agreed lucrative Saudi Arabia deal

Cristiano Ronaldo hasn’t made a decision regarding Saudi Arabia club Al-Nassr’s lucrative bid, sources have told ESPN.

The Portugal captain is a free agent after mutually agreeing to end his contract with Manchester United in November.

– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, more (US)
– FIFA World Cup 2022 KO group

Reports in Spain on Monday claimed Ronaldo will play for Al-Nassr from January 1 after inking a two-and-a-half-year deal with the Saudi team – a deal reportedly worth €200m a season.

However, sources have told ESPN that a deal has not been agreed between the two parties.

While Al-Nassr is the best and only offer Ronaldo has on the table, he hasn’t signed anything with any club.

The former Real Madrid forward is fully focused on the World Cup in Qatar and will make a decision on his future after the tournament.

Al-Nassr had tried to lure Ronaldo in the previous transfer window by offering United a €30m fee and €275m for the player.

However, Ronaldo, who had applied to leave United in the summer to play in the Champions League, did not consider Al-Nassr’s offer at the time as he wanted to continue playing in a competitive league.

In the summer there was interest from Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid but no offers came and he stayed at Old Trafford.

37-year-old Ronaldo headed into the World Cup with an uncertain future and came under scrutiny after his controversial interview in which he criticized United, the club’s owner and manager Erik ten Hag.

How it feels for Ronaldo to feel free agents at the World Cup
– World Cup 2022: news and features | Schedule | squads

United later announced they had parted ways with the player, with Ronaldo saying in a statement it was “the right time to seek a new challenge”.

Ronaldo, who returned to United in August 2021, had played for the club between 2003 and 2009, winning three Premier League titles, the Champions League, the FA Cup and two League Cups.

Ronaldo started all three games in Portugal’s Group H at the World Cup in Qatar.

He became the first male player to score in Portugal’s opening game against Ghana in five World Cups. It is his only goal in the competition so far.

Ronaldo was frustrated at the World Cup, evident when he was substituted in the 65th minute of Portugal’s 2-1 defeat by South Korea on Friday.

Portugal coach Fernando Santos reacted to Ronaldo’s reaction and hinted that he might not play against his captain in Tuesday’s round of 16 against Switzerland.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4826679/cristiano-ronaldo-has-not-agreed-lucrative-saudi-arabia-contract-sources Ronaldo has not agreed lucrative Saudi Arabia deal

Emma Bowman

USTimesPost.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimespost.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button