PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) — Philadelphia police have released images of three other suspects wanted in the deadly ambush shooting near Roxborough High School.
Police say they are trying to identify the suspects wanted in the Tuesday September 27 shooting.
The release of these images comes a day after investigators named another suspect in the case.
There is an active arrest warrant out for Dayron Burney-Thorn, 16, on charges of murder, attempted murder, theft, obstruction of justice, tampering with evidence and criminal conspiracy, police said.
The teenager should be viewed as armed and dangerous.
During a news conference Tuesday afternoon, police said there are seven other people interested in the case and officers are working to determine who is involved.
“We believe that some or most of them will emerge as our suspects responsible for this heinous crime,” said Captain Jason Smith.
The fatal shooting happened at around 4:30 p.m. on September 27 in the 4700 block of Pechin Street, just as a junior football game between three schools was ending: Roxborough High School, Northeast High School and Boys Latin Charter School.
ALSO SEE: An SUV used in fatal shooting ambush near Roxborough High School was stolen before the crime
A teenager was killed and four others were injured in the shooting.
The victim who died was identified as Nicolas Elizalde of Havertown, Delaware County. He was a freshman at Saul High School but played football for Roxborough.
Investigators have released disturbing video showing one of the five wanted gunmen relentlessly shooting at the teenagers.
Police say the suspects waited six minutes before jumping out of the SUV and firing more than 60 shots. The Ford Explorer was recovered in southwest Philadelphia on Wednesday evening.
There were no arrests and police are still investigating a motive.
Authorities would not say what evidence ties Burney-Thorn to the crime, but did talk about what they had collected as a whole.
“We have video evidence. We have two suspicious vehicles. We have a gray Chevy Impala that was salvaged. This vehicle was used to chauffeur the shooters back and forth to the 2020 Ford Explorer,” Smith said.
Sources say Burney-Thorn had prior contacts with law enforcement. Authorities say the suspect is running out of time to turn himself in.
SEE ALSO: Roxborough community stands up for victims, families affected by shooting near high school
On Tuesday, Commissioner Danielle Outlaw tweeted a statement about the shooting with a clear message to the suspects.
“The shooting of children outside Roxborough High last week has devastated not only the victims and their families but our entire town. While I am pleased that a suspect has been identified, there is much more work to be done…I want to thank the men and women of Homicide who continue to work tirelessly along with the (ATF) to bring the suspects to justice and to the Those Responsible: We know who you are, we will find you and we will take you into custody. See you soon.”
Anyone with information is asked to call 911.
A $45,000 reward has been offered for information leading to an arrest or conviction.
Copyright © 2022 WPVI-TV. All rights reserved.
https://6abc.com/roxborough-high-school-philadelphia-ambush-shooting-deadly-philly-person-of-interest/12296625/ Roxborough shooting: Images released of 3 more suspects in fatal shooting near Philadelphia high school