RUSSELL Brand was sacked from a major TV job with comedian Katherine Ryan after being called a “predator” during filming.
Brand, who denies allegations of rape and sexual abuse, was reportedly repeatedly confronted in a television studio.
Behind-the-scenes claims about his exit from a Comedy Central show emerged as new allegations emerged against the comic and movie star.
Producers fired him from his last major TV job in the UK on Roast Battle after just one series in 2018.
He was hired as a judge on the show, but faced on-camera allegations that he had sexually abused women. deadline Reports.
It comes as…
British-based Canadian comedian Ryan is said to have attacked him with harsh remarks, although they never made the final changes to Roast Battle.
She was a co-judge on the show, which challenges comics to hurl one-line, jokey insults at each other – inspired by US comedy “roasts”.
Ryan, 40, has previously spoken about a well-known figure in the comedy scene being notorious for his behavior.
Last year, she told the Louis Theroux Interviews show that she once confronted a co-star and said, “I told this person to his face in front of a bunch of people in the format of the show that he was a predator.”
She said she refused to name the person for fear of a “litigation minefield” but added that she had not been attacked by them.
According to Deadline today, multiple sources said she had spoken about Brand and filming the first series of Roast Battle.
The show’s production company, Fulwell 73, reportedly became “uncomfortable with the rumors surrounding Brand,” as well as his alleged reluctance to become the target of comedy “roasts” himself.
Deadline quoted a source as saying, “The contract negotiations were made as difficult as possible is the best way to put it.”
“Ultimately it came down to the fact that it seemed like Russell didn’t have a good sense of humor – he felt like he wasn’t fair game.”
Brand’s role on the jury was taken over by Jonathan Ross for the show’s second season.
Brand has denied allegations of rape, sexual assault and abuse made over the weekend against four women, including one who was just 16 years old at the time.
The 48-year-old father of two is facing allegations in a joint investigation The times and Channel 4 broadcasts saying he raped a woman against a wall in his Los Angeles apartment.
Four women say he assaulted them at the height of his fame between 2006 and 2013, when he was presenting on BBC Radio 2 and Channel 4 and appearing in Hollywood films.
He is accused of not only rape and sexual assault, but also emotional and physical abuse, which he denies.
The Metropolitan Police urged other potential victims to come forward, while the BBC and Channel 4 have launched investigations.
Brand posted a video on his own YouTube channel Friday evening denying any wrongdoing, even before any allegations were made public.
He said he “absolutely denies” the allegations and insisted that all of his previous relationships were “always consensual.”
Brand described himself as “promiscuous” at the height of his fame, but denied any criminal aspect of his behavior.
In October 2010 he married US pop star Katy Perry, but their marriage only lasted 14 months.
Meanwhile, the BBC faces questions about Brand’s time at the corporation – including that claims adjusters ignored warnings while spending public money on a teenage girlfriend.