Russell Brand has thanked his supporters for “challenging” the rape and sexual assault allegations made against him.
The 48-year-old has firmly denied the allegations made by four women in an investigation by The Sunday Times, The times and Channel 4 broadcasts on Saturday, September 16th.
In the three-minute clip posted on YouTube, Rumble and X/Twitter, Brand said the week since the claims were made public had been “extraordinary and disturbing.”
He said: “I thank you very much for your support and for challenging the information that was presented to you.”
Brand did not directly address the allegations against him and attacked the government, major technology companies and media organizations.
He claimed measures aimed at preventing him from earning advertising revenue from his content on social media platforms were “in the context of the Online Safety Act”, which aims to combat harmful content online.
The bill, which has been years in the making, was recently approved by Parliament and is awaiting the King’s assent to come into force.
In the video, in which he called his followers “awakening wonders,” he said: “By now you are probably aware that the UK government has asked major tech platforms to censor our online content and that some online platforms have complied .” Inquiry.
“What you may not know is that this is happening in the context of the Online Safety Bill, a UK law that grants broad surveillance and censorship powers, and it is a law that has already been passed.”
Brand said he would return to his regular show on Rumble – an online video platform that refused to follow YouTube and block the comedian from earning advertising revenue on its site.
Brand described the streaming site as a “clear commitment to free expression.”
Referring to mainstream media organizations, he said: “It is clear that these organizations are collaborating in constructing narratives, whether about the war or the pandemic, and of course there are other examples.”
“It’s very clear to me that we have to be really, really careful.”
The video was posted just moments before News evening was broadcast on BBC Two with new allegations about the former Hollywood actor’s behavior.
Cole Parker, who worked with Brand between 2000 and 2002, claimed that models were frequently warned about the comedian by their agents.
He has not responded to recent allegations in the interview in which Parker said this News evening He said he was “surprised” that details were not released sooner.
He said: “A lot of modeling agents sat down and told their models, their stable and warned them about him.”
“Even when people go back to his house and fool around and then they don’t want to go all the way, he has a reputation for sometimes getting angry or a little angry if people don’t sleep with him the first time.
“And given that he was a famous, very handsome and very funny man, he didn’t really need to act like that. There would have been a lot of people who would have liked to have an affair with him, he didn’t have to go with people who were afraid of it.”
Asked if he was surprised by the allegations, he added: “I’m surprised it hasn’t come out sooner. I’m surprised at the moment that there are only four of them.”
Rape Crisis offers support for those affected by rape and sexual abuse. You can call them on 0808 802 9999 in England and Wales, 0808 801 0302 in Scotland and 0800 0246 991 in Northern Ireland or visit their website at www.rapecrisis.org.uk.
If you are in the US, you can call Rainn at 800-656-HOPE (4673).