Suspects arrested in deadly 7-Eleven shootings in California

Two suspects were arrested in a series of deadly shootings at 7-Eleven stores in Southern California that left two dead and three injured, Brea police said Friday.

Orange County Dist. atty Todd Spitzer announced the arrests and scheduled a press conference later in the day.

The suspects’ names were not released, and authorities would not say what crimes the couple allegedly committed.

The first robbery occurred just after midnight Monday in Ontario, followed by a robbery at a 7-Eleven store in Upland about 40 minutes later. Neither resulted in injuries.

At 1:50 a.m., a 7-Eleven in the 5100 block of La Sierra Avenue was robbed in Riverside. During the crime, the robber pulled out a pistol and shot dead a customer, who was in serious condition at the time, Riverside Police Officer Ryan Railsback said.

Less than two hours after the Riverside robbery, police responded to a shooting at a 7-Eleven location in Santa Ana on the 300 block of East 17th Street.

Matthew Rule, 24, was robbed and fatally shot outside the store, police said, adding that it did not appear the gunman entered the store.

At 4:17 a.m., police responded to another robbery at a 7-Eleven in Brea. Salesman Matthew Hirsch, 40, was fatally shot.

Finally, at 4:55 a.m., La Habra police responded to a robbery at a 7-Eleven on East Whittier Boulevard. Two unidentified victims believed to be the employee and a customer were shot dead. Both are expected to survive, authorities said.

On Thursday, 7-Eleven Inc. offered a $100,000 reward for information leading to the arrests and convictions of those involved in the shooting.

“Our hearts remain with the victims and their loved ones, and our focus remains on the safety of franchisees, employees and customers,” the company wrote in a statement.

Georgan Browning, the wife of 60-year-old Russell Browning, who survived being shot in the face outside the La Habra store, said she and her husband are glad to hear of the arrests.

“It gives us peace of mind that he has been captured and can no longer hurt anyone or disrupt life,” the 74-year-old said in a phone interview with The Times. “We will pray for him, for mercy.”

She said the shooter must have been hurt for taking such a violent path that day.

Russell Browning, a truck driver, was sitting in his car outside the supermarket when he noticed a person next to his passenger window. Before he realized what was happening, a gun was fired at him.

Browning’s wife said the bullet struck her husband’s lip and exited his jaw area. She said he continues to recover.

“He’s got a long way to go,” she said. “He’s alive and he’s home.”

Times contributors Grace Toohey and Itzel Luna contributed to this report. Suspects arrested in deadly 7-Eleven shootings in California

Alley Einstein is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button