Houston, Texas– Police have arrested a 33-year-old man in the fatal shooting of rapper Takeoff, who was killed outside a Houston bowling alley last month.
Houston police announced Friday that Patrick Xavier Clark has been charged with murder in connection with the death of Takeoff.
Takeoff, born Kirsnick Khari Ball, was the youngest member of Migos, the Grammy-nominated rap trio from suburban Atlanta that also included his uncle Quavo and cousin Offset.
The 28-year-old musician was one of three people shot dead outside the downtown bowling alley around 2:30 a.m. on November 1, police said, when a row broke out as about 40 people left a private party at the alley. Police said another man and woman suffered non-life-threatening gunshot wounds during the shooting, which saw at least two people open fire.
Houston Police Chief Troy Finner said the day after the shooting that Takeoff was “well respected” and there was “no reason to believe he was involved in anything criminal at the time.”
Migos’ record label, Quality Control, mourned Takeoff’s death in a statement posted to Instagram, which attributed it to “senseless violence”.
Fans and other artists, including Drake and Justin Bieber, celebrated Takeoff’s musical legacy at a memorial service in Atlanta last month.
Migos first broke through in 2013 with the huge hit “Versace”. They had four top 10 hits on the Billboard Hot 100, although Takeoff wasn’t featured on their multi-week No. 1 hit “Bad and Boujee” with Lil Uzi Vert. They released a trilogy of albums called Culture, Culture II, and Culture III, with the first two reaching #1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart.
Just weeks before his death, Takeoff and Quavo released a collaborative album, Only Built for Infinity Links.
Copyright © 2022 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
https://6abc.com/takeoff-shooting-migos-rapper-shot-dead-in-houston-patrick-xavier-clark-weapons-charges/12519378/ Takeoff shooting: Patrick Xavier Clark arrested in fatal shooting of Migos rapper Takeoff