Some details have been made public about the 18-year-old gunman in a shooting at a Texas elementary school on Tuesday.
Salvador Ramos has been identified as the shooter at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas. According to the Governor of Texas, Greg Abbott, he was killed by police officers.
Here’s what we know about Ramos at this point:
- Bring a handgun and possibly a rifle.
- A resident of Uvalde.
- Acting alone, according to the school district’s sheriff.
- In addition to the children and teachers killed, Ramos injured many others.
- Shoots and injures a Border Patrol agent, one of the first law enforcement officers on the scene.
- Committed the deadliest school shooting in Texas history.
- No motive is known at this time.
- Abandon his car before shooting.
- Some media reported that Ramos was born in North Dakota.
- State Senator Roland Gutierrez said Ramos’ social network was flooded with photos of the gun he legally bought on his 18th birthday.
Additionally, Ramos is believed to be a student or former student at Uvalde High School, according to San Antonio news station KSAT. Before the school shooting, he is believed to have also shot his grandmother, whose condition is unknown, KSAT reported.
Ordere Associated Press contributed to this report.
https://www.wfla.com/news/texas-school-gunman-what-we-know-so-far/ Texas school gunman: What we know so far