For many of us, a hotel breakfast buffet is a dream—a tempting banquet of pastries, fruit, and eggs.
But if you overindulge, you may notice your energy draining after morning indulgence, or worry that the healthy eating you’ve been practicing all year is falling by the wayside.
Whatever the case, you don’t have to give up your hotel buffet entirely.
According to weight loss guru Dr. Michael Mosley there are some healthier alternatives.
in one blog In a post on his website, the creator of the fast weight loss program, The Fast 800, discussed some foods to avoid at your hotel breakfast and what you can safely enjoy.
Hotel breakfast foods to avoid
If you want to make sure you’re choosing healthy breakfast foods, Dr. Mosley to omit the following:
- fruit juices
- muffins and cakes
- dried fruits
- hash browns
The doctor also acknowledged that when faced with many delicious options, it can be easy to overload the plate — and go back for seconds and thirds.
He suggested that you fill your plate with healthier foods.
What can I do instead?
As you review your hotel breakfast buffet, Dr. Mosley to watch out for the following foods:
Most Read in Diet & Fitness
- Omelettes – some hotels have omelette stations where you can choose your own fillings. So don’t be shy about the veggies. You can also opt for other egg preparations
- Greek yogurt with berries
- Vegetables are often available cooked or raw. You may find cooked spinach that Dr. Mosley is delicious with eggs
- Cheese, nuts, and avocado are great healthy fats to add to your plate as they keep you fuller for longer
Don’t worry, your breakfast plate doesn’t have to go without enjoyment for the entire stay.
dr Mosley has listed some foods that you can enjoy every now and then:
- Bread – depending on where you’re vacationing, there may be some healthier bread options. Avoid the plain white varieties, and enjoy the occasional sourdough or rye when available
- Sausages and Bacon
- Local Delicacies – Holidays are special occasions and don’t come around too often. That’s why you should get involved in tasting the local delicacies from time to time