The fate of James Martin’s new travel show has been revealed following his tense ITV bullying row.
It was revealed last month that the TV chef had allegedly been warned by the network about his behavior after it was claimed he had brought his show’s crew members to tears.
James, 51, has had a string of shows on ITV including his self-titled ‘Saturday Morning’ show as well as James Martin’s Spanish Adventure, which is where the alleged complaints originated from.
Due to this situation, many were wondering what would happen to the show, but it has now been confirmed that James Martin’s Spanish Adventure will air as planned.
deadline reports that the show will air in the fall and James will be traveling around Spain, meeting locals and cooking dishes.
The outlet also reports that the show’s distribution partner – DCD Rights – “will be unveiled as planned at Mipcom for international buyers.”
ITV was made aware of a recent incident on the Spanish Adventure series, after it investigated claims about James’ “intimidating” character back in 2018 deadline.
It has been alleged that during production of the show, James would bring his crew members to tears and often change schedules, meaning they only got a few hours of sleep before waking up for another shoot.
It is reported that James was then late for the shoot, although he was the one who insisted on the change of schedule.
The show’s team members reportedly contacted ITV in May to express their concerns about James and his production company Blue Marlin, which he runs with his agent Fiona Lindsay.
It is therefore believed that ITV head of entertainment Katie Rawcliffe has contacted both James and Fiona about the claims.
After examining the claims, ITV gave Blue Marlin advice on how to better deal with such situations and how to proceed.
Commenting on the claims, an ITV spokesman said: “At ITV, people and their well-being are our top priority. The production companies that produce shows for us have a primary responsibility for the duty of care to everyone they work with, both on and off screen.
“We make our expectations in this regard clear in advance as part of our due diligence processes. This includes establishing appropriate independent controls so that anyone working on their shows can raise their concerns with confidence and confidentiality.”
“After receiving a complaint from members of the Blue Marlin production team in May about the film adaptation of James Martin’s Spanish Adventure, we contacted Blue Marlin to discuss these concerns and how the issues raised were being addressed and what action was taken were taken.
“As a result, we have issued a set of recommendations that Blue Marlin should implement as soon as possible, sharing best practices of some of our own relevant employee welfare procedures and reaffirming our Supplier Code of Conduct.”
A spokesman for Blue Marlin told The Sun: “Following the filming of James Martin’s ‘Saturday Morning’ in 2018, an unfortunate incident occurred which resulted in serious damage to James’ home. blue marlin.”responsibility taken.
“James was shocked by what had happened and when he thinks about it, he admits he reacted emotionally, which he deeply regrets. James apologizes for any insult or irritation, as he did to the crew involved at the time.”
“In view of this and some issues encountered during the filming of James Martin’s The Spanish Adventures, James and Blue Marlin Television agree that lessons have been learned which have been shared with members of the team and with ITV.”
“Blue Marlin Television and James Martin have taken into account ITV’s recommendations and exchange of best practice and are in the process of fully implementing them.
“Blue Marlin Television has continued to do this since the 2018 incidentover 500 shows at James’ home.
“Blue Marlin Television remains committed to making the well-being of everyone they work with their top priority.”
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for the team at The Sun Showbiz?