MTV is achieving something far away: a new iteration of The hills.
The carrier has ordered The Hills: The Next Generation (working title), has a new and more diverse cast of twenty friends and aspiring entrepreneurs coming of age in a very different Los Angeles, our sister site Deadline news. The series will explore “race, class, identity, addiction, family drama along with the thrills of romance and becoming self-sufficient amidst the exclusive hills of Malibu.”
In addition, MTV chose Jersey Shore 2.0 (title), in which a group of new roommates move into their own Shore house.
Ready for some more novelty nuggets? Good…
* Netflix’s Iron Chef: Quest for an Iron Legend (opening Wednesday, June 15) has revealed five new Iron Chefs – Curtis Stone, Dominique Crenn, Marcus Samuelsson, Ming Tsai and Gabriela Camara – as well as Challenge Chefs Mason Hereford, Curtis Duffy, Claudette Zepeda , Esther Choi, Gregory Gourdet, Mei Lin and Yia Vang. Andrew Zimmern and Nilou Motamed will judge alongside guest judges Francis Lam, Nancy Silverton, Justin Willman, Danny Trejo, Lorena Garcia, Loni Love, Wolfgang Puck and Masaharu Morimoto, while Alton Brown and Kristen Kish, as previously announced. previously reported, will host the show, with Mark Dacascos returning as President.
* Renewed Adult Swim Performances by Eric Andre for the sixth season will premiere in 2023 and star guests Natasha Lyonne, Jaleel White, Blac Chyna, Jon Hamm, and Raven-Symoné.
* Sacha Baron Cohen collaborated with King of the hillby Greg Daniels and Mike Judge, as well as Michael Koman (Nathan for You, How To with John Wilson), to develop special family-oriented animation Chelm: The Smartest Place on Earth for HBO Max and Cartoon Network. “Set in the Mythical Town of Fools and told originally in Yiddish, Chelm: The Smartest Place on Earth shares absurdist humor and interpretive questioning, which is a nod to the Jewish intellectual tradition,” according to the official description.
* An untitled documentary about Lizzo will premiere this fall on HBO Max, exploring “the inspirational story behind her humble beginnings that led to her stormy rise with an insight into the moments that shaped her tough international fame, success, love and stardom. ”
* Facebook Watch has green light to launch this summer JoJo Goesa hybrid documentary in which JoJo Siwa and her celebrity friends go on crazy adventures she’s always wanted to experience but never got the chance to.
Which TVLine item is of interest to you today?
https://tvline.com/2022/05/18/the-hills-reboot-next-gen-series-mtv/ ‘The Hills’ Reboot: ‘Next Gen’ Series Ordered at MTV