Tottenham look to beat Juventus to Roma’s Nicolo Zaniolo

The summer transfer window is here and there’s a lot of gossip about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest rumours, comings and goings and of course deals done!

TOP STORY: Spurs beat Juve against Zaniolo?

Tottenham Hotspur are desperate to move for the AS Roma star Nicolo Zanioloreports Tuttosport.

With the Premier League club looking for an attacking midfielder, the report says Spurs boss Antonio Conte has identified the 23-year-old as his priority target at the position.

Zaniolo is currently on Juventus’ radar but Spurs director Fabio Paratici is set to meet with Roma representatives for talks about a possible deal in the region of 45 million euros.

The Italy international would be keen to remain in Serie A when he leaves the Estadio Olimpico this summer, albeit with an agreement pending Bianconerias well as the chance for Jose Mourinho not to send one of his star players to a competitive rival, Spurs are confident they can step in and hijack the deal.

Zaniolo made 28 league appearances for Roma last season and has two years left on his contract.

– ESPN+ Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (USA)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Get instant access

LIVE BLOG

blank 10.19 CET: Real Madrid have signed a Brazilian teenager Emmanuel Benjamin from Getafe for the club’s U16 side, sources have confirmed to ESPN Brasil.

Emanuel, 15, signed a contract with Los Blancos until 2025 with an option for another year. Sevilla, Villarreal and Leganes were also keen on the right-back, who has been in Spain since 2018 after his family decided to move to Madrid.

Emanuel was first brought in from Rayo Vallecano, where he played as a striker, but he was converted to full-back by Getafe, although he still managed seven goals and nine assists in 24 appearances last season.

Despite having an Italian passport and Spanish citizenship, sources told ESPN Brasil that Emanuel’s desire is to represent Brazil at international level. He’s already on the radar of the Selecayouth teams from .

His signing adds to an already strong Brazilian influence at Madrid. Vinicius Jr., Rodrygo Goes, Casemiro and Eder Militao are all part of the first-team, while Vinicius Tobias recently signed for reserves and Reinier Jesus has returned from a loan spell at Borussia Dortmund.

09.40 CET: Barcelona President Joan Laporta has reiterated his desire to see it Lionel Messi ends his career at the Catalan club.

Laporta told ESPN last week that Messi’s story with Barca ‘isn’t over yet’. Manager Xavi Hernandez said a return this summer is “impossible” but there is a window next year when the Argentinian striker’s contract with Paris Saint-Germain expires.

“It’s an aspiration I have as president and I want it to happen,” Laporta told reporters at an event in New York when asked if Messi will retire at Barca.

“I was partly responsible for an ending that I consider temporary. Messi’s story at Barca didn’t end the way we all wanted it to, it ended for financial reasons and we have a moral obligation to him.”

“In that sense, we want the end of his career to happen in the Barca shirt and be applauded in every stadium where he plays.”

09.02 CET: PSG midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum is in advanced talks with AS Roma, says Fabrizio Romano.

Wijnaldum, 31, joined PSG from Liverpool on a free transfer in 2021 but hasn’t had as much playing time as he would like.

Roma manager Jose Mourinho is keen to land the Netherlands international on a potential loan deal but an agreement on salaries has yet to be reached.

blank08.28 CET: ICYMI – Barcelona have reached an agreement with Sevilla to sign a defender Jules Koundeconfirmed the Catalan club on Thursday.

Kounde, 23, will join for a fee of €55m and will sign a deal at the Camp Nou until 2027, sources have told ESPN. Once Kounde has passed a medical and signed his contract, he will become Barca’s sixth signing in a busy summer Pablo Torre, Franck Kessie, Andreas Christensen, and Raphinha and Robert Lewandowski.

“I’m very proud and grateful for this opportunity,” said Kounde. “I’m happy because I’m joining a great club with a great team. I’m looking forward to getting started with the team and doing my best. Sevilla are obviously a great club too, but Barca is the next step in my career on all fronts Levels I want to compete in all competitions and try to win as much as possible, that’s why I’m here.

“The coach, Xavi, is also one of the big reasons I’m here. I’ve spoken to him several times. The way he spoke was captivating. We’ve had some good conversations and we see football the same way. Now it is a question of coming into the team, settling in and giving everything to have as many minutes as possible and an important role in the team.”

08.00 CET: LaLiga president Javier Tebas has said he would welcome the return Cristiano Ronaldo to Spain following reports linking the Manchester United forward with Atletico Madrid.

Ronaldo, 37, held talks with United’s hierarchy about his future this week after telling the club he wants to leave earlier this summer.

Atletico have been eyed as a possible target should Ronaldo leave Old Trafford for good and Tebas is keen to see the former Real Madrid striker back in the Spanish top flight.

“I would love to see Cristiano Ronaldo back in LaLiga,” Tebas told reporters on Wednesday. “Whether it’s feasible for Atletico Madrid or not I don’t know. There would have to be some player departures if they wanted to [sign him]. To sign a player of this level, you need to make room [financially].”

play

1:19

Shaka Hislop speaks to the club about Barcelona signings and Frenkie de Jong’s future.

PAPER GOSSIP (by Adam Brown)

– Barcelona are considering the option of a bid Frenkie deJong on loan, writes sports. Progress on a permanent move has stalled in recent weeks after the 25-year-old midfielder was unwilling to move to Old Trafford and the latest reports suggest that is the case Blaugrana are now ready to loan him out for the 2022/23 season, with Chelsea and Bayern Munich identified as potential candidates.

Cristiano Ronaldo‘s Representatives are in touch with Sporting CP, reveals The Athletic. The 37-year-old Manchester United forward is keen to leave Old Trafford this summer and after the club told him he was allowed to explore other options, it looks like the Portugal international could be ready to rejoin the side to organize club, where he first made his professional debut.

– AC Milan are obvious Fikayo Tomori a new contract, reports Gianluca Di Marzio. The 24-year-old centre-back is being offered a new five-year deal that will see him extend his stay at San Siro until 2027, with optimism talks could be finalized in the coming weeks. Tomori joined Milan from Chelsea last summer for €28m after impressing on loan and he played a key role in the Rossoneris Title win last season in Serie A.

– Schalke 04 and Mallorca are fighting for the signing of the national striker from Fenerbahce and Turkey Serdar Dursunreveals Ekrem Konur. The 30-year-old striker, who scored 15 goals and provided four assists in 33 league games last season, has attracted interest from clubs across Europe but it looks like the two leaders have emerged from Germany and Spain’s top divisions .

– defender Eric Bailly and Ethan Laird could be eliminated from Man United this summer, according to The Athletic. Bailly, 28, is on the radar of Serie A clubs AC Milan and Roma, while Watford are reportedly in talks with the Red Devils over a loan move for Laird. The 20-year-old spent last season on loan at Bournemouth.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4708361/transfer-talk-tottenham-look-to-beat-juventus-to-romas-nicolo-zaniolo Tottenham look to beat Juventus to Roma’s Nicolo Zaniolo

Emma Bowman

USTimesPost.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimespost.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button