With just a month left until the January transfer window opens, there are plenty of rumors about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest in rumours, rumours, comings, goings and of course deals done!
TOP STORY: Arsenal keen on Juventus’ Vlahovic
Juventus could be ready to concede Dusan Wlahovic Arsenal are leaving the lead in a potential race for the Serbian striker, according to Calciomercato.
Vlahovic endured a disappointing World Cup with Serbia as his only goal and start was a 3-2 defeat by Switzerland while his country finished bottom of Group G by a point.
– World Cup 2022: news and features | Schedule
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga and more (USA)
While the 22-year-old has recorded seven goals and two assists in 15 games in all competitions for Juventus this season, he has struggled with multiple injuries.
At least four or five European clubs have already expressed an interest in Vlahovic. He had been linked with Arsenal last January before signing for Fiorentina’s Juve.
Arsenal’s Premier League title hopes were hit hard last week when it was confirmed as a forward Gabriel Jesus had undergone knee surgery and sources told ESPN the Brazil forward could be sidelined for around three months.
And while a winter signing would help address Jesus’ absence, a move for Vlahovic likely wouldn’t come until the summer.
Juventus’ financial situation plays a role in their potential openness to letting the striker go. Last month, Juventus board members – including president Andrea Agnelli and vice-president Pavel Nedved – resigned en masse amid an investigation into fraudulent accounting and alleged hidden payments to players.
– This is reported by Sport Bild Leroy Sane Moving from Bayern Munich to Arsenal could be an option. With his current contract ending in 2025, Bayern still have the winger in their plans but want clarity on his future in the summer as they would be reluctant to let the Germany international enter the 2023/24 season without an extension.
– Liverpool have held talks about Fiorentina and the Moroccan midfielder Sofian Amrabatreported Florian Plettenberg, adding that more may follow. At the moment, Fiorentina don’t want to let the 26-year-old go in January while the player wants to leave in the summer at the latest.
– Fabrizio Romano stated on his YouTube channel that Manchester United want to sign Diogo Dalot commit to a new long-term contract Aaron Wan-Bissaka and then bring in a new right-back. The Red Devils already have an option to extend Dalot’s contract by a year but they want to negotiate a new deal to ensure the Portugal international stays longer.
– Juventus have shown interest in signing Rick Karsdorp, whose AS Roma exit seems inevitable according to Calciomercato. The Dutchman was criticized for his form by Roma manager Jose Mourinho, with the manager pretty much dropping the right-back from the squad.
– Nottingham Forest have made inquiries about signing the Union Berlin striker Sheraldo Becker in the January transfer window acc Florian Plettenberg. Forest are keen to sign him as a reinforcement to avoid relegation while the Suriname international is keen to play in the Premier League at some point in his career.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4829782/transfer-talk-arsenal-keen-on-serbia-star-dusan-vlahovic-amid-juventus-turmoil Transfer Talk Arsenal keen on Vlahovic amid Juventus turmoil