The summer transfer window is closed for the big leagues in Europe. But looking ahead to January, there are a lot of rumors circulating about who is moving where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest in rumours, rumours, comings, goings and of course deals done!
TOP STORY: Griezmann, Asensio on Juve’s wish list
Juventus have compiled a three-man shortlist to bolster their attack in January, Gazzetta dello Sport reveal.
That Bianconeri have previously been linked with Chelsea Christian Pulisic but two LaLiga stars – Atletico Madrids Anton Griezmann and Real Madrid’s Marco Asensio – are now on the Serie A list.
Like Pulisic, Griezmann and Asensio have faced similar struggles at their respective clubs and are keen for regular playing time. Griezmann, 31, has started once in LaLiga for Atletico while winger Asensio, 26, has only played 48 minutes in all competitions.
Griezmann is in the middle of a financial row between Atletico and Barcelona, where he is on a two-year loan. With Griezmann playing more than 45 minutes in 30 of the 37 games he was available for last season, Barca believe Atlético are now obliged to sign him for €40m. Atletico, meanwhile, claim Griezmann must play more than 45 minutes in 50% of the games he is eligible for over two seasons, not just one, for the clause to come into effect.
Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri is keen to strengthen his squad after the split Paulo Dybala and Dejan Kulusevski in summer and with Angel of Mary With a potential exit in 2023, they’ve made progress narrowing down possible options.
– Internazionale and Juventus are discussing a possible swap deal for defenders Stefan de Vrij and Juan Cuadrado, after Calciomercato. De Vrij, 30, and Cuadrado, 34, will both be out of contract in the summer but the latest suggests both clubs could be excited when the winter transfer window opens.
– After reports indicated it Martin ZubimendShould I be offered a new five-year contract by Real Sociedad, Sport write that Barcelona could end their interest in the 23-year-old midfielder. The Catalans continue to search the market for a possible replacement Sergio Busquetsbut with Zubimendi’s new deal believed to include a €90m release clause that Blaugrana have to look elsewhere now.
– Talks about a new deal for Karim Benzema have reached the final stages, reports Nicol Shira. The 34-year-old forward has been in talks with Real Madrid since his impressive season last season. Reports from the summer suggest they intend to sign him on a new two-year deal until 2024. He has contributed to four goals in as many LaLiga games this season.
– Real Madrid are yet to close the door on a potential signing Kylian Mbappe or Erling Haland in the future, reports El Chiringuito TV. It is understood that following the recent meeting of the Santiago Bernabeu hierarchy, the LaLiga champions remain open to making an attempt to sign either forward if they can get a deal across the line. Haaland, 22, joined Manchester City from Borussia Dortmund in the summer while Mbappe, 23, turned down a move in favor of staying at Paris Saint-Germain.
– Arsenal are set to return to the January transfer market with a third approach for Aston Villa star Douglas Luis, like the sun. The Gunners tried to take on the 24-year-old on deadline day but after Villa stood firm, reports now suggest Mikel Arteta still sees him as a priority signing as he seeks to bolster his options in midfield.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4756233/transfer-talk-griezmannasensiopulisic-on-juventus-list Transfer Talk – Griezmann, Asensio, Pulisic on Juventus list