The summer transfer window in Europe isn’t open yet, but teams are preparing for it and rumors are rife. Transfer Talk brings you the latest news on rumours, comings and goings and of course deals struck!
TOP STORY: Leipzig sees transfer record from Man City for Gvardiol
Gvardiol joined RB Leipzig in 2020 and now the German club are reportedly not set to part ways with him for less than £75m. Some sources report that the club are expecting a new record transfer fee for a centre-back. The previous record was set when Manchester United paid around £80million to sign Harry Maguire in 2019.
The 21-year-old Croatia international is reportedly a top transfer target for coach Pep Guardiola and has been on Guardiola’s list since last year. Man City, newly crowned treble winners, have already held talks with Gvardiol.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga and more (USA)
– Read on ESPN+: How far is Man United from Man City?
Guardiola is also reportedly interested in Gvardiol’s Croatian teammate, the midfielder Mateo Kovacic. Chelsea are open to a split with Kovacic, who has played at Stamford Bridge since 2019, and Man City have already been in touch with the Blues over a deal for Kovacic, according to reports.
Kovacic has been a key player for the Blues with 221 appearances in all competitions but with his contract expiring in 2024 and new Chelsea manager Mauricio Pochettino considering a restructuring of the squad, Chelsea could be interested in signing him.
Gvardiol made 41 appearances for Leipzig this season, scoring three goals including the crucial equalizer in their 1-1 draw in the Champions League game earlier in the year.
– Kylian Mbappe According to multiple reports, he has told Paris Saint-Germain that he will not take up the option of a 12-month contract extension that expires at the end of next season. The French superstar confirmed his decision in a letter to PSG, who are adamant they won’t let Mbappe go as a free agent and raise the possibility of a potential transfer this summer.
– Andre Onana is Chelsea’s number one target for the summer transfer window evening standard. The 27-year-old goalkeeper, who impressed in the Champions League final defeat by Manchester City, is under contract with Internazionale until 2027 Nezaruzzi have reportedly already set up Empoli’s Guglielmo Vicario as a replacement. The Blues initially turned to AC Milan Mike Maignanbut after the Italian side demanded €90m, Chelsea decided to focus on a €50m move from Onana as a replacement Kepa Arrizabalaga And Edouard Mendy as No. 1 at Stamford Bridge.
– Newcastle United are planning a move for Wolfsburg Felix Nmechareports the telegraph. The Magpies are preparing a £15million offer for the 22-year-old midfielder, who joined the German side from Manchester City in 2021. The Germany Under-21 international has made 30 appearances in the Bundesliga this season, scoring three goals and providing five assists.
– Aston Villa are on the verge of a Liverpool defender/midfielder move Alex Oxlade-Chamberlainaccording to football insider. The 29-year-old has extensive Premier League experience, making 235 appearances, scoring 20 goals and providing 28 assists. The England international is expected to leave Anfield on a free transfer this summer but could remain in the English top flight next season as Unai Emery’s side are reportedly in advanced talks over a move to Villa Park.
– Fenerbahce are on the hunt for Internazionale Edin Dzekoaccording to Gazzetta dello Sport. The 37-year-old forward, whose contract expires in June, has made 52 appearances for Inter in all competitions this season, scoring 14 goals and providing five assists. The Bosnia and Herzegovina international’s agent was in Istanbul to negotiate a move to the Turkish side and the Süper Lig club are reportedly ready to offer a two-year deal.