The summer transfer window in Europe is now open and rumors are rife. Transfer Talk brings you the latest news on rumours, comings and goings and of course deals struck!
The club are also operating on a tight budget for financial fair play reasons and will be looking to sign the striker for a transfer fee of around £50million.
Hojlund had a landmark season in Serie A, scoring nine goals and providing two assists in 32 games La Dea. He has also scored six goals in six appearances for his national team after making his senior debut in September.
It has been reported that United are facing delays in completing the transfer due to increasing uncertainty surrounding a possible takeover of the club.
The Premier League club have already secured Mason Mount’s £60m signing from rivals Chelsea and United are now looking to secure deals for Erik ten Hag’s remaining two key position targets, specifically a goalkeeper and a striker. United are exploring the possibility of sacking the likes of Harry Maguire, Jadon Sancho, Fred, Scott McTominay, Anthony Martial, Alex Telles, Anthony Elanga and Eric Bailly to raise the funds needed to pursue their desired transfer goals this summer .
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga and more (USA)
– Read on ESPN+: Explaining the language of the transfer window
08.38 BST: Tottenham Hotspurs Ivan Perisic is about to leave the club and join Hajduk Split. Gianluca Di Marzio reports.
The winger joined Spurs as a free agent from Inter Milan last summer. The 34-year-old made 44 appearances for the club in total, scoring one goal and providing eight assists in the Premier League.
However, his form suffered after helping Croatia reach the semi-finals of the 2022 World Cup and Tottenham’s poor performances in the second half of the season led to Antonio Conte’s sacking.
Perisic is in talks with Spurs to end his contract to allow a free transfer to Hajduk Split, where he started his career but left before making his first-team debut.
8am BST: Bernardo Silva is being offered three times his Manchester City salary to join Saudi pro-league club Al Hilal, sources told ESPN.
Silva makes around £150,000 a week ($191,205) at Etihad Stadium but he’s tempted to move to Saudi Arabia on a deal closer to £500,000 a week. After six years at City, Silva is ready to take on a new challenge this summer. Sources have told ESPN that he prefers to stay in Europe but has not yet ruled out joining Ruben Neves and Kalidou Koulibaly at Al Hilal.
Silva’s contract has two years left and City will demand a hefty transfer fee before letting him go, but that shouldn’t pose a problem for the Saudi Pro League side.
Sources have told ESPN that Paris Saint-Germain and Barcelona are also interested but have not confirmed their interest with an official offer. Sources added that City are willing to offer Silva a new contract but would not match Al Hilal’s proposed salary.
PAPER GOSSIP (Abbie Ingham)
– Chelsea are refusing to meet Brighton & Hove Albion’s demands for a £100m transfer fee to sign a midfielder Moses Caicedo, the guard reports. The 21-year-old Ecuador international is a top priority for the Blues as new manager Mauricio Pochettino wants to strengthen midfield and they hope to sign his man for a transfer fee of around £80million. However, the Seagulls see Declan Rice’s expected £105million move from West Ham United to Arsenal as a benchmark.
– Free agents willian could be brought on for another season at Fulham after receiving an improved contract offer the sporty one. The Cottagers’ initial offer for the 34-year-old winger was on the terms of his contract from last season, which called for a salary of more than £50,000 a week, and was subsequently rejected. They have now put the former Brazil international on a £100,000-a-week deal as Marco Silva prioritizes efforts to keep him during this transfer window.
– Southampton are confident of landing a £50m transfer fee for the midfielder Romeo Lavia amid interest from Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool, Sky Sports reports. The 19-year-old Belgium international is likely to leave St Mary’s just 12 months after joining from Manchester City and if he does, City will receive 20% of the transfer fee.
– Internazionale field the goalkeeper of Shakhtar Donetsk Anatoly Trubin as a potential replacement for Andre Onana, according to Fabrizio Romano. The 21-year-old Ukraine international has one year left on his contract and is one of them NerazzurriShould Onana leave the San Siro for Manchester United this summer, it would be a top pick.
– Athletico Paranaense have given Barcelona an ultimatum to sign a striker Vitor Roque, Mundo Deportivo reports. The Brazilian club have informed Barca that they have 24 hours to send in signed contracts and finalize the deal for the 18-year-old former Brazil international. Should the financially strapped Catalan club fail, it could open the door for interested sides like Man United, Paris Saint-Germain and Tottenham Hotspur to sign one of the most gifted teenagers in world football.