The summer transfer window is closed for the big leagues in Europe. But looking ahead to January, there are a lot of rumors circulating about who is moving where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest in rumours, rumours, comings, goings and of course deals done!
TOP STORY: Chelsea post-Mount life plan
Chelsea are beginning to explore alternatives as contract talks continue to stall mason mountaintells the telegraph.
The Blues have been trying to extend the 23-year-old England international’s contract this season but as he nears the final 18 months of his current tenure at Stamford Bridge, the club’s recruitment team are said to have identified themselves Lorenzo Pellegrini and Yeremi Pino as possible contingency options.
Pellegrini, 26, has been a regular starter for AS Roma since joining from Sassuolo, with Jose Mourinho appointing him Serie A captain last season, while Villarreal star Pino, 19, has previously been linked with Arsenal.
It is understood it could take time to reach an agreement with Mount, who provided two assists in Saturday’s 3-0 win over Wolves, but Graham Potter’s side remain hopeful that he has new terms at the club will sign with the hope that there is new signing would be able to play alongside him.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, more (US)
– Barcelona will turn their attention to the Wolves midfielder Ruben Neve as a possible replacement for Sergio Busquets, writes Sports. Xavi Hernandez’s side were originally interested in signing Real Sociedad Martin Zubimendi But amid reports he will sign a new contract this month, it looks like the 25-year-old Premier League star is currently the next priority on the shortlist.
– As Anton Griezmann As a permanent move to Atletico Madrid approaches, Marca understand that while Barcelona will receive a total of €24m including bonuses, a clause has been included to allow the Blaugrana get a percentage of a future transfer should Diego Simeone decide to bring the 31-year-old France international forward. Griezmann has made eight appearances for Atletico this season in his bizarre, complicated super-sub role.
– Eintracht Frankfurt striker Rafael Borre wants to leave the club due to interest from two clubs in Spain, AS reveal. The 27-year-old has been out of form in recent weeks and it’s clear he’s keen to seek a new challenge. He is valued at €20m and previously played in LaLiga playing for Atletico Madrid and Villarreal.
– Clubs across Europe are monitoring the situation from Giovanni Reina, after Calciomercato. The 19-year-old United States attacking midfielder is understood to be of interest from Serie A, who believe he could follow a similar road to success as Christian Pulisic. The Bundesliga club would be willing to part with him for around 30 million euros.
– After success with the acquisition of Franck Kessie, Andreas Christensen and Marcos Alonso, Barcelona plan to continue their strategy of signing players as free agents, reports Sport. Sporting director Mateu Alemany is reported to be happy with the signings Blaugrana made over the summer and the La Liga giants will now keep a close eye on potential targets who are near the end of their contract.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4765800/transfer-talk-mason-mount-impasse-forces-chelsea-to-look-at-lorenzo-pellegrini-and-yeremi-pino Transfer Talk – Mason Mount impasse forces Chelsea to look at Lorenzo Pellegrini and Yeremi Pino