The summer transfer window is here and there’s a lot of gossip about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest rumours, comings and goings and of course deals done!
TOP STORY: Dembele ready to strike new deal
After becoming a free agent in late June, Ousmane Dembele has decided to return to Barcelona, writes Fabrizio Romano.
It is reported that full agreement has been reached with the Blaugrana over a new deal that sees the 25-year-old France international accept a reduced salary to continue his career at the Camp Nou.
While Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain have been linked with him, it looks like Dembele’s priority has always been to continue with Barcelona despite his agents testing the waters across Europe. and it is now understood all that is needed is final approval for his new contract, which will secure him at the club until June 2024.
Dembele has been a priority for Xavi Hernandez this summer after impressing the LaLiga side’s manager by welcoming him back to first-team activities. He played 21 games in the Spanish top flight last season and provided 13 assists.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Get instant access
– Barcelona will win the signing race Raphinha, according to the Daily Mail. Leeds United have been looking for a fee of around £63million to part ways with him and although Chelsea have accepted a proposal, the LaLiga side have now met Leeds’ valuation. The 25-year-old winger was keen to wait for the Blaugranaafter choosing her as his priority target.
– Kyle Walker-Peters attracts interest from both Arsenal and Manchester United, reports Athletic. Although neither club has yet advanced negotiations for him, the 25-year-old right-back is reported to be on both radars. He made 32 Premier League appearances last season and contributed to three goals for Southampton.
– Bayern Munich will meet with Juventus this week to submit an offer Matthijs De Ligt, reveals Gianluca Di Marzio. The 22-year-old centre-back has been on the radar of Manchester United and Chelsea in recent weeks but after hearing of the Bundesliga champions’ interest he is reportedly awaiting an agreement between Julian Nagelsmann’s side and the Bianconeri. It is understood that he has a €125m release clause.
– Barcelona will end their interest Bernhard Silva when they can’t go on Frenkie deJong this summer, writes Mundo Deportivo. division among the Blaugrana Lager has seen conflicting reports on the future of the 25-year-old Dutch midfielder but the latest suggest Xavi will only achieve one of his main goals this summer using the funds raised by De Jong’s split. Manchester City are reportedly looking around €100m for Silva with the 27-year-old attacking midfielder still seen as a key part of Pep Guardiola’s squad.
– Linking despite speculation Harry Kane with Bayern Munich, picture understands he’s not on their shortlist this summer. The Bundesliga side were reportedly eyeing the 28-year-old Tottenham Hotspur striker as a replacement Robert Lewandowski, who is expected to leave the Allianz Arena. After being linked with a departure from north London last season, Kane is now said to be happy at the club following the appointment of Antonio Conte.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4698263/transfer-talk-ousmane-dembele-set-to-sign-new-deal-with-barcelona Transfer Talk – Ousmane Dembele set to sign new deal with Barcelona