The summer transfer window is open for some leagues in Europe and rumors abound. Transfer Talk brings you the latest news on rumours, comings and goings and of course deals struck!
TOP STORY: Joao Felix moves to PSG?
Paris Saint-Germain are keen to bring Atletico Madrid forward Joao Felixaccordingly Relevo.
The Ligue 1 champions are likely to be on the lookout for attacking reinforcements following the departure of this summer Lionel Messi to Inter Miami CF and further connections from Kylian Mbappe to Real Madrid.
PSG are also looking for a new coach to replace Christophe Galtier, who has been sacked by the club but remains under contract. Galtier is also at the center of an investigation into allegations of racism at his former club Nice, a prosecutor said on Friday.
Former Barcelona and Spain coach Luis Enrique has been linked with taking over the coaching post at Parc des Princes.
As for Felix, the Portuguese playmaker has struggled at Atlético since his €126m move from Benfica in 2019, scoring just 34 goals. After a high-profile row with manager Diego Simeone last season, it is reported that La Liga side are keen to sack Felix this summer.
Felix enjoyed a disappointing loan spell at Chelsea in the second half of last season, scoring just four goals for the west London club.
While the 23-year-old and Atleti are both interested in parting ways, Los Colchoneros will demand a high transfer fee for the striker, who is under contract with the club until 2027. It has been reported that a loan move for Felix seems most likely this summer as most clubs in Europe are reluctant to pay a hefty transfer fee.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, more (USA)
– Atletico Madrid have reached an agreement with the Chelsea defender Cesar Azpilicuetawho will sign a two-year contract with the club, per Fabrizio Romano. The tweet hints that Chelsea will hand the 33-year-old off on a free transfer, despite the Spaniard signing a two-year deal with the club last summer in recognition of his 11-year tenure at Stamford Bridge.
– Liverpool are close to a deal for the RB Leipzig midfielder Dominik Szoboszlai Reportedly after activating his €70m release clause Fabrizio Romano. The report states that the Hungary captain informed the German side of his desire to join the Merseyside club. The 22-year-old enjoyed an outstanding season in the Bundesliga last year, scoring six goals and eight assists.
– AS Roma manager Jose Mourinho is keen to bring in the midfielder from Manchester United fred to the association, so he Sun. The Portuguese coach signed Fred for the Red Devils in 2018. According to the report, the Brazil international could leave Old Trafford this summer as he enters the final year of his contract. United are interested in releasing several players in the transfer window, which could potentially fund their own summer signings.
– Manchester United asked the goalkeeper David de Gea unable to find a new club as the Red Devils remain unsure about their goalkeeping situation this summer, the statement said Sun. Despite the 32-year-old being a free agent, the report shows United are not sure they can afford to bring a new goalkeeper to the club this summer, leaving the door open to a potential new deal.
– Atalanta have shown interest in the Tottenham defender Japhet Tangangaaccordingly Calciomercato. The 24-year-old played a minimal role for the north London club last season, capturing just 146 minutes in the Premier League. With only two years left on his contract, Tanganga could make a move this summer. The Spurs defender had previously been linked with a move to AC Milan.