The summer transfer window in Europe is now open, and there’s plenty of gossip. Transfer Talk brings you the latest news on rumours, comings and goings and of course deals struck!
TOP STORY: PSG and Napoli are vying for the signing of Crystal Palace’s Wilfried Zaha
Paris Saint-Germain and Napoli are both interested in signing the Crystal Palace winger Wilfred Zaha and were said to have been in negotiations with him the guard.
According to the report, both clubs have been in talks with the 30-year-old’s representatives in recent days over the possibility of signing him on a free transfer and Zaha plans to turn down a £30m-a-season offer from Saudi Arabia.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga and more (USA)
– Read on ESPN+: Why Arsenal bet heavily on Havertz and Rice
Zaha’s contract at Selhurst Park expired in June but despite having a four-year offer worth £10m a season to continue with the Eagles, he is currently weighing his options as there is interest from several countries.
The Serie A champions in Napoli and Ligue 1 winners in Paris are believed to be the two latest clubs to join the race for his signing, while he has already received proposals from Lazio, Fenerbahce and Al Nassr.
Zaha contributed nine goals in 27 Premier League games last season and will make the decision on his next club after returning from his honeymoon next week.
– There are no plans from Chelsea to switch to central defence Levi Colwill this summer, says Fabrizio Romano. The 20-year-old, who helped England win the European Under-21 Championship in a 1-0 win over Spain on Saturday, has recently been linked with a move from Stamford Bridge but reports say the club are about to start will be talks amid plans to make him an important part of the club’s future. While on loan at Brighton last season, Colwill made 17 Premier League appearances.
– Arsenal left-back Kieran Tierney is Newcastle’s top option when looking for a left-back, they say football insider. The Magpies are believed to be at the front of the queue for the 26-year-old, whose future at Emirates Stadium is reportedly uncertain after losing his starting spot Oleksandr Zinchenko. Newcastle were previously interested in Fulham and the USA men’s national team star Antony Robinson.
– AC Milan remain interested in the Villarreal winger Samuel Chukwuezeaccordingly Calciomercato. The Serie A side are keen to bolster their forward line this summer, with recent reports suggesting they are close to completing a move for the USMNTs Christian Pulisic, and it looks like they are also interested in adding Chukwueze, a Nigerian international, to their squad as well. Villarreal reportedly turned down the initial offer of €25m for the 24-year-old.
– Internazionale are considering changing the goalkeeper of FC Bayern Munich Yan Summerswrites Fabrizio Romano. Amid interest in their current number one Andre Onana by Manchester United, the Nerazuri have prepared a €6 million offer as a cover option for the 33-year-old Sommer, who came to the Allianz Arena in January Manuel Neuer.
– West Ham forward Gianluca Scamacca could be in line for a return to Serie A, they say Rudy Galetti. The 24-year-old scored three goals in 16 Premier League games after arriving at the London stadium last season but could now be moved on amid Italy’s interest in Roma, who are exploring a potential loan deal that would include a mandatory option to make the move permanent.