SIX teenagers suffered seizures and lost consciousness after buying e-cigarettes on Snapchat.
The youths allegedly bought the e-cigarettes through the social media app and were quickly rushed to the hospital.
All six Australian teenagers were taken to hospital after suffering seizures, loss of consciousness and vomiting over the same nine days.
E-cigarettes have been found to contain a dangerous cocktail of chemicals, including some of the same ingredients found in weed killers and nail polish removers.
New Southreleased a statement that read: “Vaping puts young people at risk of lifelong serious health problems, including long-lasting effects, from exposing their developing brain to nicotine, as many vapes have been found to contain high levels of nicotine, even if not as such marked.” such.”
This year alone, over 40 young people under the age of 19 have been admitted to NHS hospitals with collapsed lungs as a result of illegally selling e-cigarettes.
Among them were 15 children aged nine or younger – last year there were twelve, the year before there were only two.
He added, “Once a teenager starts smoking cigarettes, the worst that can happen to them is probably they get sick and vomit behind the bike shed.”
“But acute use of e-cigarettes can result in hospitalization or intensive care, which can lead to pulmonary hemorrhage, lung collapse, and air leaks, causing the lungs to fill with fat.”
Shockingly, a deadly, flesh-eating drug has been found in other e-cigarettes in the UK.
Xylazine, a horse tranquilizer causing havoc among drug users in the US, has been discovered in modified e-cigarettes.
Health officials have warned NHS clinics as it causes skin and tissue necrosis and is easy to overdose on.
Experts said the e-cigarettes seized in Luton, Beds could kill unsuspecting users.
E-cigarettes allow you to inhale nicotine in vapor form instead of smoking. In addition, they do not burn tobacco and do not produce tar or carbon monoxide – two of the most dangerous components of traditional smoking.
Thousands of people in the UK have quit smoking with the help of e-cigarettes or vapes.
However, the effects of their long-term use are not widely known.
Experts also fear thousands of young people are adopting the habit early and potentially exposing themselves to counterfeit devices.