BIG British Bake Off fans can’t wait for their favorite show to begin.
Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith return to judge the incredible creations of a new group of contestants.
When does GBBO 2023 start?
The new series of The Great British Bake Off starts TONIGHT (September 26, 2023) at 8pm on Channel 4.
The popular program will then continue on Tuesday evening at the same time.
Judge Prue Leith revealed the exciting thingon X (formerly Twitter).
She said: “The Bake Off team are back on Tuesday September 26 at 8pm. Come to our tent to have a lot of laughs.”
Fans rejoiced at the announcement, with one saying: “I actually just cried tears.”
A second said: “Oh yes! Let’s go, people! Let’s go!”
“I’ve never been so excited for an announcement in my life,” said a third.
Who is in the cast of Great British Bake Off?
The new series of Bake Off brings with it a brand new group of contestants – including the show’s first deaf person.
The full GBBO 2023 roster is:
- Abbi, 27, is a vegetable grower and delivery driver from Cumbria.
- Amos, 43, is a deli and food manager from North London.
- Cristy, 33, is a mother and assistant from East London.
- Dan, 42, is a civil engineer from Cheshire.
- Dana, 25, is a database administrator from Essex.
- Josh, 27, is a postdoctoral researcher from Leicestershire.
- Keith, 60, is a chartered accountant from Hampshire.
- Matty, 28, is a PE and science teacher from Cambridgeshire.
- Nicky, 52, is a retired cabin crew from the West Midlands.
- Rowan, 21, is a student from West Yorkshire.
- Saku, 50, is an intelligence analyst from Herefordshire.
- Tasha, 27, is an engagement officer from Bristol.
Who replaced Matt Lucas at GBBO?
In December 2022, Matt Lucas shocked fans when he revealed he had quit hosting Bake Off.
The comedian, who hosted the show alongside Noel Fielding, said he could no longer host it alongside his other projects.
Speaking to fans, he said: “Farewell Bake Off! It was a delicious experience and I can’t think of a more fun way to spend my summers.”
“But I realized I can’t present Fantasy Football League and Bake Off at the same time alongside all my other projects.”
While Matt may have left, Noel continues to host the show.
He is joined by his new co-host Alison Hammond.
Read more at the Scottish Sun
Speaking about how she got the Plum Bake Off job and how different it is to squirt on This Morning, she told Channel 4: “It’s like being on holiday – it’s wonderful, it’s free and you feel sure.”
“You don’t have to think politically about anything. It’s just a happy and safe show.”