Wilde files motion to dismiss Sudeikis’ custody petition

Olivia Wilde has filed a motion to dismiss a custody petition filed by her former partner Jason Sudeikis and served on her on the CinemaCon stage earlier this year.

According to court documents obtained and summarized by the Daily Mail on Wednesday, the Booksmart director has accused the Ted Lasso star of wanting to “embarrass” and “threaten” her by hitting her during the industry event publicly served her custody papers in Las Vegas.

In a statement in April, a source close to Sudeikis claimed that the actor “had no prior knowledge of the time or place the envelope would have been given to Wilde” and that he would “never allow her to click on such.” is served in an inappropriate manner.”

Wilde’s motion to dismiss the petition comes months after the filmmaker was presented with a mysterious Manila envelope while she was in the process of introducing her second film, Don’t Worry Darling, to thousands of her Hollywood peers and journalists at Cinemacon. The candid moment sparked a flurry of speculation about what was inside the package, which was cryptically labeled “Personal and Confidential.”

It was later revealed that the mysterious envelope contained a custody application that Sudeikis wrote after Wilde rejected his request to temporarily relocate their children to New York while he was there off work, her request claims.

“When I disagreed, Jason filed these papers as the children have not lived in New York for several years,” Wilde said in her complaint, according to the Daily Mail.

Sudeikis and Wilde were engaged for more than seven years before splitting in early 2020. They never married but share two young children, Otis and Daisy. Wilde has since been romantically involved with pop musician and actor Harry Styles, with whom she directed Don’t Worry Darling.

“Jason’s actions were clearly aimed at threatening me and catching me off guard,” Wilde said in her complaint, according to the Daily Mail. “He could have served me discreetly, but instead he chose to serve me in the most aggressive way.”

In recent years, Wilde and Sudeikis have reportedly split their time between Los Angeles, New York and London, where “Ted Lasso” is filmed and Styles is based. According to the ex-couple’s dueling legal documents, Sudeikis wants the kids to stay with him in New York, while Wilde wants them to live with her in LA before officially moving to London with her late next year.

Meanwhile, Sudeikis has apparently doubled down on his claim that he wasn’t trying to humiliate Wilde at CinemaCon. The Daily Mail reported that Sudeikis attempted to avoid serving her custody application at her “current partner” Styles’ home, where their children could be present. Nor did he want the process officer to approach her at her children’s school with other parents nearby.

Sudeikis alleges that the processor tried to serve Wilde at their Las Vegas hotel but failed and changed direction when he recognized Wilde onstage during the Warner Bros. presentation at CinemaCon.

“I understand that the process officer was just doing her job; However, I deeply regret what happened,” Sudeikis added, according to the Daily Mail.

“Olivia’s speech was an important event for Olivia, both professionally and personally, and I am very, very sorry that the incident spoiled her special moment.”

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/story/2022-08-10/olivia-wilde-harry-styles-jason-sudeikis-court-documents-custody Wilde files motion to dismiss Sudeikis’ custody petition

Sarah Ridley

USTimesPost.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimespost.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button