Winning Powerball numbers for February 6, 2023
The game’s small odds are designed to build big prizes that attract more players.
WASHINGTON – The ninth-largest jackpot in US history is up for grabs on Monday night.
Lottery players across the US wagered their $2 for a chance to win the $747 million Powerball jackpot.
No one has won a Powerball since November 19, 2022. The jackpot has skyrocketed after each of the game’s three weekly spins.
The eye-catching prize comes shortly after a $1.35 billion Mega Millions jackpot won by a Maine person in January and a record $2.04 billion Powerball jackpot won by a California player was last November.
A $747 million jackpot is available to winners who choose to receive annuities, paid out over 29 years. The higher interest rates have allowed those annuity payments to grow over the previous jackpot, when the rates were lower.
Most winners prefer cash, with Monday night’s draw of $403.1 million.
Powerball winning numbers for 6/23/23
The winning numbers for Monday, February 6 are 5-11-22-23-69, Powerball 7, with a Power Play coefficient of 2.
What are my chances of winning Powerball?
The odds of winning the Powerball jackpot are 1 in 292.2 million.
Over the past few years, huge lottery jackpots have become more popular as lottery officials have changed the rules and ticket prices to increase the top prize.
Powerball’s biggest change comes in 2021 when officials decide to add Mondays to the weekly draw list on Wednesday and Saturday nights. At the time of publication, Powerball claimed the addition of a Monday draw would result in a “bigger, faster-rising jackpot”.
Powerball is played in 45 states, as well as Washington, DC, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
What is the biggest US lottery jackpot ever won?
- $2.04 billion, Powerball, November 8, 2022 (one ticket, from California)
- $1.586 billion, Powerball, January 13, 2016 (three tickets, from California, Florida, Tennessee)
- $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, October 23, 2018 (one ticket, from South Carolina)
- $1.35 billion Mega Millions, January 13, 2023 (one ticket, from Maine)
- $1.337 billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022 (one ticket, from Illinois)
- $1.05 billion, Mega Millions, January 22, 2021 (one ticket, from Michigan)
- $768.4 million, Powerball, March 27, 2019 (one ticket, from Wisconsin)
- $758.7 million, Powerball, August 23, 2017 (one ticket, from Massachusetts)
- $731.1 million, Powerball, January 20, 2021 (one ticket, from Maryland)
- $699.8 million, Powerball, October 4, 2021 (one ticket, from California)
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
https://www.king5.com/article/news/lottery/powerball-winning-numbers-2-6-23/507-8c71342b-09d0-4d97-a85c-2f9ca5ac2638 Winning Powerball numbers for February 6, 2023