The summer transfer window is here and there’s a lot of gossip about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest in rumours, rumours, comings, goings and of course deals done!
TOP STORY: Man United rebuild continues with Kalajdzic and Rabiot
According to various reports, there seems to be a lot going on at Manchester United at the moment – although Cristiano RonaldoThe departure from is not on the itinerary.
Despite being linked with Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Napoli throughout the summer, Ronaldo looks set to stay at Old Trafford unless there’s a big last-minute surprise this window, so AS.
The Red Devils reportedly see the striker as a key player both on the pitch and in their economic framework. Manager Erik ten Hag has previously hinted that despite other speculation, Ronaldo doesn’t really want to leave Man United.
Man United are reviewing a number of forward options and are reportedly looking to sign the VfB Stuttgart striker Sasa Kalajdzicaccording to Sky Sports.
The Austria international is keen to join Ten Hag’s squad after entering the final year of his Stuttgart contract and at 25, Kalajdzic sees the right time to take on a new challenge in his career.
Meanwhile midfielder from Juventus Adrian Rabiot looks ever closer to joining United after his camp had a positive meeting with United director John Murtough. There is still a lot to be done before an agreement on the salary is reached, but talks should continue.
Juventus will reportedly join the Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Leandro Parédes when Rabiot departs.
– ESPN+ Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (USA)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Get instant access
10.03 CET: Manchester City sign the Spanish defender Sergio Gomez from Belgian club Anderlecht for a reported £11million, manager Pep Guardiola said on Friday as the Premier League champions seek to remedy their lack of depth at left-back.
After Ukraine international Oleksander Zinchenko moved to Arsenal, City started their title defense with João Cancelo as the only older left-back.
The 21-year-old midfielder and left-back Gomez will be fighting for a place in the first-team, Guardiola said at his press conference on Friday after impressing at Anderlecht last season under former City captain Vincent Kompany.
“He’s a talented young player from Barcelona’s academy, went to Borussia Dortmund but didn’t have many minutes and got a chance from Kompany last year,” said Guardiola. “He played well, we brought him here on purpose.
“He is an exceptional player. He will stay with us alongside Joao.”
Gomez has played 30 times for Anderlecht since joining Anderlecht in June 2021. He has also represented Spain at youth level, including at the 2017 U17 World Cup where they lost to England in the final.
09.51 CET: Barcelona midfielder Nico Gonzalez has signed a new contract until 2026 with a €1bn release clause and is on loan at Valencia.
Nico, 20, made 37 appearances in his first season as a senior, scoring two goals and providing two assists. However, he looks like competition Franck Kessie, Gavi, Pedri, Frenkie de Jong, Miralem Pjanic and Sergio Busquets for a place in midfield this season.
He said earlier this week: “It’s not goodbyes, it’s a reunion. At 20 years old I need and want to play more minutes to grow as a footballer and for that reason I’ve decided that’s what’s best for me. ” I should do it at another club this season. To the Cules, the team and the fans, I wish you all the luck in the world and I hope you celebrate many titles. See you in a year, Forca Barça!”
09.37 CET: FC Bayern Munich wants to sign a striker afterwards Robert Lewandowski joined Barcelona for €45m this summer, says Sport1.
And her quest has led her to the Chelsea star Kai Havertz.
Havertz, 23, switched from Bayer Leverkusen to Stamford Bridge in 2020 for a fee of almost 80 million euros. striker already let Romelu Lukaku and Timo Werner Exit, Chelsea are unlikely to want to approve a departure for the Germany international but may need more money to rebuild their attack.
09.00 CET: Barcelona have finally managed to register most of their summer signings ahead of the start of the new LaLiga campaign this weekend, with only Jules Kounde still needs to be registered.
Xavi Hernandez’s side start their season against Rayo Vallecano at the Camp Nou on Saturday, but preparation for that game has been dominated by the club’s race against time to register all the newcomers.
Barca have spent over €150m this summer Robert Lewandowski, Raphinha and Kounde while Andrew Christensen and Frank Kessy both arrived with complimentary transfers.
Prior to Friday, however, none of them had been registered with LaLiga due to the league’s strict financial regulations.
The new contracts agreed by Ousmane Dembele and Sergi Roberto had not been sanctioned by the Spanish league either. However, this duo could also be registered on Friday – along with Lewandowski, Raphinha, Christensen and Kessie – after selling another 24.5% of Barca Studios.
Barca’s summer spending has been funded through the sale of club assets, with each deal described as ‘financial leverage’ by president Joan Laporta.
They sold 25% of their domestic television revenue for the next 25 years to Sixth Street in two separate packages totaling €511 million. They then sold 24.5% of Barca Studios to Socios.com for another €100m.
Julien Laurens opens up on how close Manchester United are to taking on Adrien Rabiot from Juventus and how the midfielder would fit in at Old Trafford.
PAPER GOSSIP (by Danny Lewis)
– AC Milan are hoping for an extension Rafael LeaoCalciomercato report that his contract expires in 2024 and Paris Saint-Germain are hoping to sign the winger. At the moment, Milan aren’t ready to start negotiations with the Ligue 1 champions and will point to the Portugal international’s €150m release clause.
– The Guardian have reported that West Ham United are interested in signing the Barcelona striker Memphis Depay. However, Fabrizio Romano has stated that Juventus are getting closer to an agreement with Depay’s camp and that talks are progressing well. A two-year deal is under discussion, with Tottenham Hotspur and various Turkish clubs now dropping out of the race for him.
– Chelsea have increased their offer for the Internazionale midfielder Caesar Casadei to 10 million euros, reports Gazzetta dello Sport, although that’s still not enough Nerazzurri want 15 million euros. Sassuolo is also interested in the 19-year-old and would be willing to include a clause that would allow Inter to re-sign him – something Chelsea are not open to.
– Barcelona might be interested in signing Hector Bellin, who is still looking for a way to leave Arsenal, reports Mundo Deportivo. The right-back has been closely linked with Real Betis but a move there is proving difficult due to their own financial woes, leaving Bellerin with the option of potentially returning to Barcelona after graduating from La Masia academy.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-soccer-transfers/story/4719661/live-transfer-talk-with-cristiano-ronaldo-stayingmanchester-united-make-progress-on-sasa-kalajdzicadrien-rabiot With Cristiano Ronaldo staying, Manchester United make progress on Sasa Kalajdzic, Adrien Rabiot