Woman who survived brutal stabbing says police did not enforce protection order

Starting at her throat, Millie Park has a 14-inch-long scar that runs from the center of her chest to her abdomen.

“I have almost two feet of fear. It’s like a miracle, I’m here right now,” said Parke.

The scars are a constant reminder to Park of the brutal stabbing she suffered last May at the hands of her former live-in boyfriend, Ronnie McClure. The attack comes just two weeks after McClure received a protective order banning him from going anywhere near Parke, her home, or her daughter’s home.

The court order ultimately failed to provide her with protection and angered Parke at the Indianapolis Metro Police Department.

“Literally, I have been shown that there is no reason for a woman to file a protective order,” Park said.


Parke and McClure’s history goes back to the 1990s when they dated briefly and remained friendly afterward. Six years ago, they reconnected.

She explained, “We started dating and about a week later he told me he was homeless. I told him, ‘You don’t have to worry about that anymore. You can stay with me.'”

But unsettling was a frequent visitor to the apartment the two shared on Indianapolis’s North Gladstone Avenue.

“He wasn’t going to drink or anything during the week but as soon as Friday came he became as confused as he could be,” Parke said, “And if I don’t want to go, he’s going to get mad. cazy. . ”

When they were out, Parke said if she stayed too long in the bathroom, McClure would sometimes open the bathroom door to check on her.

“I love him,” Parke said, but the final straw for Parke was to catch McClure smoking in her house.

“The deal to be in my house, to be in my life is not to hit me, not to call me by name, not to take drugs and work,” Parke said.

Orders of protection and deportation

In April 2021, began a two-part plan to finally separate her life from McClure’s.

Parke applied for a protective order and Judge David Shaheen granted it, explicitly warning McClure that he was at risk of “jail time” and any “more abusive behavior or threats of abuse.” .

The other part of the exploit plan was Parke kicking McClure out of her house.

On April 24orderMcClure and his belongings were removed from the apartment and served under a protective order.

Parke said that McClure tore the papers, threw them at her, and said, “I don’t see any of us getting out of here alive.”

A series of violations

What appeared to be a clear violation of Parke’s order of protection began immediately. On the day of his deportation, McClure took one of Parke’s vehicles without permission. However, this was not reported to IMPD until May 2nd.

On that day, Parke also told police that she believed McClure had smashed the windshield of her daughter’s car and that her ex-boyfriend had sent a series of text messages and phone calls. IMPD records show Sheriff Vanessa Freeman confirmed Parke had an active protective order and it was stated in a police report, “(Parke) feared for her safety.”

The next day, May 3rdDetective Janice Aikman is assigned to investigate.

Parke said in a phone call with Aikman, the detective asked what Parke wanted from the police. Parke says she wants McClure to spend a night in jail.

In response, Parke said Aikman told her, “Ha, you’ll be lucky to have three. I don’t even know why I’m doing this job.”

FOX59 emailed Detective Aikman to confirm the conversation. Aikman referred us to IMPD Public Affairs, who cast doubt on Parke’s recollection.

On May 6thorder, Parke called the police again. She believes that McClure got the keys to the back of her car while it was parked at a Mexican restaurant on the west side of the city. Parke also alleges McClure showed up at the CityWay building while Parke worked there.

  • blank
  • blank
  • blank
  • blank

Two days later, Parke appealed the final order of protection. Parke said that McClure was texting her daughter, describing the items in the trash can outside her home. McClure added that he will no longer “play nice”.

Desperate, Parke ran away

Frightened and desperate, Parke weighed her options, “I’m really looking if I can hire a guard dog, a bodyguard, what else can I do? I know he’s chasing me.”

Parke decided to run. She packed her two dogs and some clothes and started driving east out of Indianapolis. Her hope was to find a hotel and hide for a few days. Parke figured the best way to do that was to go somewhere that neither she nor McClure knew well. So she went to Hancock County.

When Parke arrived in Greenfield, she stopped at a Speedway gas station to take care of a few errands. The store’s surveillance camera shows Parke getting out of the car with her dogs.

“I let my dogs out on the potty and I went up to Priceline, found a dog-friendly hotel and booked it,” says Parke.

She was already in her car, not noticing that her ex-boyfriend was rushing towards her.

Bleeding in the parking lot

Speedway surveillance cameras captured McClure driving at high speed through the gas station parking lot, turning the corner of a convenience store building, and crashing his car into Parke.

Parke panicked, “I’m panicking. I was trying to back up (my car) when he was there. He punched me, punched me all the way and I moved to avoid the punches. “

As Parke climbed into the front passenger seat, McClure climbed behind the wheel. Can be seen in the surveillance video as McClure continues to swing with Parke. What the video doesn’t show is the knife in his hand.

“I have never been more scared in all my life,” says Parke. The only noises he made were when he was stabbing me, he was (grouting) as if he had put a lot of effort into it. ”

McClure then drove Parke’s car away with Parke still inside. As he turned a corner of the store, Parke fell out of his car and onto the sidewalk of the parking lot.

Parke suffered multiple stab wounds, the most serious of which was a deep laceration in her chest that left her right ventricle 7mm cut. As he lay there, Parke was bleeding profusely and the nearest hospital was about 20 miles away.

I already told you

On the other side of the store, standing at the gas pumps was Sargent Nick Ernstes of the Hancock County Sheriff’s Department. As Ernstes was about to refuel his patrol car, a man ran up and shouted to Ernstes that he found a woman lying in the parking lot with multiple stab wounds.

As Ernstes approached, he could see that Parke’s shirt was almost completely drenched in blood with a pool of blood pooling on the pavement below her torso.

Parke said to the sergeant, “I told you he was going to do this to me.”

With emergency medical help along the way, Ernstes began first aid, applying pressure to the bleeding chest wound. But Parke became increasingly lethargic and less responsive.

So Ernstes asked who did this to her.

Parke told him it was her ex-boyfriend, Ronnie McClure.

An ambulance took Parke to Methodist Hospital, where she received emergency surgery, open heart surgery. The stab wound to her heart was successfully repaired, as were other lacerations on Parke’s chest and arms.

“I was almost scared in both legs between the stab wound on my arm and my heart. It’s like a miracle, I’m here right now,” said Parke.

‘Find it’

McClure was arrested the next day. The police report said his jeans and sweater were stained with blood.

Millie Parke’s ex-boyfriend was eventually found guilty of conspiracy to murder and kidnap. His prison sentence was 80 years.


Victory in the courtroom did nothing to assuage Prosecutor Brent Eaton’s anger over how Parke was stabbed and bleeding in Hancock County. In Eaton’s view, law enforcement in Marion County has horribly failed Parke.

In an interview, Eaton emphasized his displeasure, banging his fist on the table as he said: “They had to figure it out in a hurry. It is not possible for people who are supposed to be protected under a protection order to decide that protection means too little for them to have to take their belongings and run away on their own. That cannot continue to happen. It cannot. Unacceptable “.

Kelly McBride, executive director of the Domestic Violence Network, agrees with Eaton. FOX59 showed McBride a timeline of events that began when Parke received that protective order.

“My heart just breaks for (Parke) because she did everything she was supposed to do. Her failed system. They could have protected her. They could totally pick him up. He could have been in jail at the time and the stabbing wouldn’t have happened,” McBride said.

FOX59 asked Parke how she believes the IMPD is responsible for what happened to her.

Parke’s reply, “It’s all the same.”

FOX59 couldn’t find the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office knew about my McClure’s escalation before he stabbed Parke.

Ultimately, IMPD filed a lawsuit against McClure. It’s been a month and a half since the stabbing. Six of the seven criminal charges relate to information Parke reported to the police department prior to the Greenfield attack.


FOX59 has issued multiple requests for on-camera interviews with Indianapolis Mayor Joe Hogsett and officials at IMPD. All interview requests were denied.

Both the Mayor’s Office and the IMPD released statements. Do not mention Millie Parke by name.

From IMPD:

“There is no doubt that this is a horrible and senseless act that no one should go through. Our thoughts and prayers remain with the victim and her family. IMPD has been, is and will continue to be transparent and self-responsible when mistakes occur. Conducting thorough investigations helps ensure justice for victims when the case goes to trial and ensures the rights of the accused suspect are upheld. After reviewing this case, it appears that the investigation was handled quickly and closely according to the initial report, including frequent contact with the victim.”

From Mayor Hogsett spokesman Mark Bode:

Whenever something like this happens, our entire criminal justice system has to look at what led to these outcomes. This serious and horrifying incident underscores the fact that domestic violence continues to be a burning issue that needs to be addressed. Our thoughts are with the victim and with all those affected by intimate partner violence in our community. “

Millie Parke has left Indianapolis. At her request, FOX59 did not disclose where she lived.

“I just feel criminals feel like they can do anything in Marion County,” explains Parke. I will not go back there again”.

https://www.wfla.com/news/crime/woman-who-survived-brutal-stabbing-says-police-did-not-enforce-protection-order/ Woman who survived brutal stabbing says police did not enforce protection order

Alley Einstein

USTimesPost.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimespost.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button